    elementary one, an inadvertent SQL injection attack which causes an
    application to die with an SQL syntax error.

    I mean, really, people, what kind of programmers are you hiring these days?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 13, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Cima Guest

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:20:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In all the previous screwups over automatic updates committed by Microsoft
    >these last few weeks, some small smug number of people have pointed out
    >that, if you went through WSUS, you were unaffected.
    >
    >Well, guess what, Microsoft's latest cockup breaks WSUS
    ><http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9046478&intsrc=hm_list>.
    >What's even more laughable about this is that the mistake is a very
    >elementary one, an inadvertent SQL injection attack which causes an
    >application to die with an SQL syntax error.
    >
    >I mean, really, people, what kind of programmers are you hiring these days?

    Seriously, why do you even care?

    Cima, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Cima wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:20:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >> In all the previous screwups over automatic updates committed by
    >> Microsoft these last few weeks, some small smug number of people
    >> have pointed out that, if you went through WSUS, you were unaffected.
    >>
    >> Well, guess what, Microsoft's latest cockup breaks WSUS
    >> <http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9046478&intsrc=hm_list>.
    >> What's even more laughable about this is that the mistake is a very
    >> elementary one, an inadvertent SQL injection attack which causes an
    >> application to die with an SQL syntax error.
    >>
    >> I mean, really, people, what kind of programmers are you hiring
    >> these days?

    > Seriously, why do you even care?

    Of course he cares, and passionately too! Without Microsoft bashing he'd
    have to get a life, or at least a different hobby. His chosen one is so
    easy, no brain challenges, no excercise, just sitting in front of a monitor
    searching for more fuel for his passion.

    With the medical profession getting more PC and wishy-washy by the day
    they're saying that everyone suffers from addiction of one form or another.
    There are the obvious ones like drugs and ganbling, then some less obvious
    ones like sex and work. However, now virtually anything can be classified as
    an addiction and Lawrence is ably demonstrating why this is.
    --
    TTFN,

    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 13, 2007