    he sued and got some cash, but was never heard from again)
    Firefox ... ie7
    Itunes ... make that Ieverything - they're working on it.

    - Bobb -, Nov 3, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Re: Microsoft's Gates, Ballmer ordered to testify in Class-ActionAntitrust Lawsuit

    - Bobb - wrote:
    > How DO you compete with them ?
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061103/microsoft_class_action.html?.v=3
    > Let's see... they stole the ideas for ... and they blocked ...
    > What would you ask them ? hhhmmm...
    > Netscape came out then Internet Explorer
    > Realplayer then Media Player
    > Lotus 123 then Excel
    > Wordperfect then Word
    > They "consulted" with Stac, then stole the idea ( yeah like some others
    > he sued and got some cash, but was never heard from again)
    > Firefox ... ie7
    > Itunes ... make that Ieverything - they're working on it.

    There is nothing you can do about it, so why worry about it. Damn,
    business is business and it's most likely just another small bump in the
    road for them out of nowhere Iowa.

    The judge would serve the courts better, if the judge could get a potato
    and and ear of corn to testify.

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 4, 2006

  3. - Bobb -

    Robert Baer Guest

    - Bobb - wrote:

    > How DO you compete with them ?
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061103/microsoft_class_action.html?.v=3
    > Let's see... they stole the ideas for ... and they blocked ...
    > What would you ask them ? hhhmmm...
    > Netscape came out then Internet Explorer
    > Realplayer then Media Player
    > Lotus 123 then Excel
    > Wordperfect then Word
    > They "consulted" with Stac, then stole the idea ( yeah like some others
    > he sued and got some cash, but was never heard from again)
    > Firefox ... ie7
    > Itunes ... make that Ieverything - they're working on it.

    You forgot DOS...
    And the mouse concept...
    And GUI....
    And the windows concept...
    Those last three from PARC, and one can add a lot more...

    Robert Baer, Nov 4, 2006
  4. - Bobb -

    bmoag Guest

    I have never understood why Microsoft has been sued over these issues and
    not Apple.
    The Apple world is a proprietary, closed shop absolute monopoly over
    hardware and software. Consumers are really being taken for a ride, the
    legal term is "harmed," by Apple with their new Mactel machines because
    identical hardware configured for the Windows OS sells at a fraction of the
    price and comes with a better warranty.
    Do I smell another class action lawsuit?
    Microsoft has pursued anticompetitive practices and has been nailed,
    although let off the hook by the Bushies, who never saw a $ sign they could
    turn down. It is not clear that states have a standing any more on these
    issues and that federal appeals courts may throw out anything they do in
    Iowa. Microsoft will do whatever is cheapest and most expedient with regard
    to this lawsuit and who can blame them?
    The Europeans have been more aggressive about these issues than the
    Americans.
    In any event how are any of these Microsoft issues the jurisdiction of Iowa
    state courts when Microsoft is a business that operates in every state? Are
    there Iowa computer makers who were harmed because of Microsoft "forcing"
    them to use their software?
    Wake up: the law suit is nothing more than a political ploy to generate
    headlines for the local cornball DA.
    Do you think an Iowa DA will ever investigate the price of ethanol?

    bmoag, Nov 4, 2006