    Access denied by access control list."

    I haven't long had this computer, I could access the site on my old one.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 20, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    Pepperoni Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:c8ic75$tr1$...
    > Does any one know why I can't access the Microsoft site when I try to it
    > say's:
    >
    > "Forbidden
    > You were denied access because:
    > Access denied by access control list."
    >
    > I haven't long had this computer, I could access the site on my old one.
    >
    > LJ

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316699
    SYMPTOMS
    When you try to view a Web site after you connect to your Internet service
    provider (ISP) by using a dial-up connection, you may receive the following
    error message:

    403 Forbidden
    You were denied access because:
    Access denied by access control list.
    However, you may still be able to send and receive e-mail messages, and you
    may still be able to access the Internet from any other user account on the
    computer.
    CAUSE
    This issue can occur if the connection for your ISP is damaged.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, create a new connection to your ISP.

    Pepperoni, May 20, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    If I use a proxy I can get on it, but not without one. I really don't have
    a clue why I can't access that site, I'm not really bothered any way.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 20, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Stuart Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:

    > If I use a proxy I can get on it, but not without one. I really don't have
    > a clue why I can't access that site, I'm not really bothered any way.
    >
    > LJ

    Which browser are you using? Also change your browser settings to default.

    Stuart

    Stuart, May 21, 2004