    businessman, I think Bill Gates will pull the plug on freeloaders.
    Any thoughts on this?

    Tamara
    tamara, Apr 7, 2005

  2. tamara

    Gordon Guest

    tamara wrote:
    > I can understand people wanting Linux and free open source software but how
    > can they expect Microsoft to keep running the internet

    BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the best one I've heard today!

    Gordon, Apr 7, 2005

  3. tamara

    cluedweasel Guest

    Yep. **** off Neville.
    cluedweasel, Apr 7, 2005
  4. I'm lost for words, Microsoft, Run and internet do not go together.

    David Griffin, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Gordon wrote:

    > tamara wrote:

    >> I can understand people wanting Linux and free open source software but how
    >> can they expect Microsoft to keep running the internet

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the best one I've heard today!

    YHBT. Looks like neville's profile.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 7, 2005
  6. tamara

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "tamara" <> wrote in message
    >I can understand people wanting Linux and free open source software but how
    >can they expect Microsoft to keep running the internet if they arent making
    >any money out of it.
    > Do you see what I mean?
    > They can certainly afford to be benevolent for a while but as a hardnosed
    > businessman, I think Bill Gates will pull the plug on freeloaders.
    > Any thoughts on this?
    >
    > Tamara

    microsoft runs the internet?

    you don't see the big picure....
    microsoft gets their lions share in the corporate arena.
    microsoft has their claws on most (if not all) the fortune 500 companies.

    look at RedHat linux.... not so free anymore...

    as for running the net, leave that to unix or whatever flavour the telco's
    are brewing up. when i worked at AT$T, they were using StarLAN and solaris.
    there were very few NT machines.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Apr 7, 2005
  7. tamara

    Rudolpho Guest

    Tamara wasn't thinking in:
    > I can understand people wanting Linux and free open source software but how
    > can they expect Microsoft to keep running the internet if they arent making
    > any money out of it.
    > Do you see what I mean?
    > They can certainly afford to be benevolent for a while but as a hardnosed
    > businessman, I think Bill Gates will pull the plug on freeloaders.
    > Any thoughts on this?
    >
    > Tamara

    Microsoft isn't running the Internet!
    --

    Rudolpho
    Rudolpho, Apr 7, 2005
  8. tamara

    trout Guest

    tamara wrote:
    > I can understand people wanting Linux and free open source software
    > but how can they expect Microsoft to keep running the internet if
    > they arent making any money out of it.
    > Do you see what I mean?
    > They can certainly afford to be benevolent for a while but as a
    > hardnosed businessman, I think Bill Gates will pull the plug on
    > freeloaders. Any thoughts on this?

    TROLL!

    --
    I am the piss in the gene pool.
    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  9. tamara

    trout Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > tamara wrote:
    >> I can understand people wanting Linux and free open source software
    >> but how can they expect Microsoft to keep running the internet

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the best one I've heard today!

    TROLL ENABLER!!!!!

    *plonk*

    --
    I am the piss in the gene pool.
    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  10. tamara

    trout Guest

    cluedweasel wrote:
    > On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 19:43:22 +0100, "tamara" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Any thoughts on this?

    > Yep. **** off Neville.

    TROLL ENABLER!!!!!

    *plonk*

    --
    I am the piss in the gene pool.
    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  11. tamara

    trout Guest

    --
    I am the piss in the gene pool.
    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  12. tamara

    trout Guest

    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  13. tamara

    trout Guest

    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  14. tamara

    trout Guest

    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  15. tamara

    fkasner Guest

    tamara wrote:
    > I can understand people wanting Linux and free open source software but how
    > can they expect Microsoft to keep running the internet if they arent making
    > any money out of it.
    > Do you see what I mean?
    > They can certainly afford to be benevolent for a while but as a hardnosed
    > businessman, I think Bill Gates will pull the plug on freeloaders.
    > Any thoughts on this?
    >
    > Tamara

    Assuming you are serious, you are badly informed. Microsoft does NOT run
    the internet. It is a voluntary association of a very large number of
    organizations that cooperate by providing servers and transmission
    lines. The idea of a such a system was developed by the US government
    before the web was invented. I am sure MS would love to run the
    internet. They could charge you $10 a month and become even incredibly
    richer than they are at present. But they are just users of the internet
    as are so many millions who get it cheaply or freely. If MS ran it
    nobody would get it cheaply and certainly not free. They make most of
    the software that consumers use to access the internet as well as the
    most commonly used browsers if your needs lie in the direction of the
    web rather than things like usenet (such as you are using at present
    when you communicate here.)
    FK
    fkasner, Apr 7, 2005
  16. tamara