    Are there any other paths that can be explored? Are there any paths as a
    reseller that we can explore on behalf of the customer?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0FEMg==?=, Jun 27, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q0FEMg==?=

    Theo Guest

    Even though an EOL for Win x64 may have been announced,
    usually it's around the 3 year mark before it's actually
    dropped. I would think you have awhile to find another
    solution. It's not likely it will die immediately since Pro
    x64 is based on Server 2003 and Microsoft does not have a
    replacement released for Server 2003 at this time.

    Theo, Jun 27, 2007

  3. Hello,
    See this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/default.mspx

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 28, 2007
  4. Thanks, I knew that page existed, but couldn't find it this morning.

    And, as for questions of support, this from the FAQ section...

    Business and Developer products

    Microsoft will offer a minimum of 10 years of support for Business and
    Developer products. Mainstream support for Business and Developer products
    will be provided for 5 years or for 2 years after the successor product
    (N+1) is released, whichever is longer. Microsoft will also provide Extended
    support for the 5 years following Mainstream support or for 2 years after
    the second successor product (N+2) is released, whichever is longer.
    Finally, most Business and Developer products will receive at least 10 years
    of online self-help support.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 28, 2007
  5. Looking at the lifecycle page, Windows XP x64 Edition and all other Windows
    XP edition will remain for sale until January 31, 2008. System builders can
    continue to get it until January 31, 2009. If you check
    http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=8599 you will see that Mainstream
    support from Microsoft ends April 14, 2009. Extended support remains
    avialable through April 8, 2014.

    It sounds like more the vendor has decided to EOL Windows XP x64 Edition,
    not Microsoft.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, XNA Developer Connection

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Jun 28, 2007
  6. Yup, I'd agree.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 29, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q0FEMg==?=

    Doug Forster Guest

    Hi Darrell,

    Just to extend the topic slightly. What will be the status of of the
    activation process as XP and other activated products move past EOL date
    especially for MSDN licensing but also re hardware changes that might
    require reactivation? Our company uses several dev tools that simply don't
    work on Vista and we are committed to these for many years yet.

    Cheers
    Doug Forster

    Doug Forster, Jun 29, 2007