Microsoft x64 Drivers for Mice and Keyboards now available!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Austin Ehlers, Jan 8, 2006.

  1. Austin Ehlers, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Austin Ehlers

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Jan 8, 2006

  3. Austin Ehlers

    Piers James Guest

    know how you feel. IntelliType Pro has not supported my Internet Keyboard
    Pro for some time in 32bit, and needless to say support for it is not there
    in the 64bit drivers either :-((

    Piers James, Jan 8, 2006
  4. Austin Ehlers

    John Barnes Guest

    Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first version
    I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish that I could
    find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet Keyboard, but will miss
    the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute button. I don't use the other
    media buttons. I really don't want to buy another piece of Microsoft
    hardware with their lack of support.

    John Barnes, Jan 8, 2006
  5. Austin Ehlers

    DKI Guest

    Well sadily for me the only driver i am missing is the fingerprint driver
    for my keyboard which MS need to get DigitalPersona to work on.

    DKI, Jan 8, 2006
  6. Austin Ehlers

    John Barnes Guest

    I take it the fingerprint keyboard that is listed is different than the one
    you have.

    John Barnes, Jan 8, 2006
  7. Austin Ehlers

    DKI Guest

    Nope its the same one listed in the intellitype software but the actual
    fingerprint reader on the keyboard is listed as a seperate device and
    requires a seperate driver for it to work. As for the intellitype with the
    keyboard (other than the fingerprint reader) it work great now and i got
    some of the functions back that i use.

    DKI, Jan 8, 2006
  8. Austin Ehlers

    Piers James Guest

    curious! when I launch the installer for version 5.4, it does not list the
    "Internet Keyboard Pro", just the "Internet Keyboard". How did you get 5.4
    to install??

    Like you I am loathed to ditch the USB ports, handy for PPC and mobile phone
    connections, and I use a great many of the additional buttons, just
    reassigned to other tasks or programs!!

    Piers James, Jan 8, 2006
  9. Austin Ehlers

    John Barnes Guest

    I certainly thought it had the choice for Internet Pro. It is installed in
    October. When I click on the installer to install it comes up with a panel
    that says the version is already installed and if I want to reinstall, I
    need to uninstall first. Now you have me worried. Works great, so won't
    risk that it won't reinstall. Guess it will remain a mystery. Doesn't help
    for x64. I may try to install it on x64 when I get on that system and see
    if I get as far as the selection panel and will let you know.

    John Barnes, Jan 9, 2006
  10. Austin Ehlers

    Piers James Guest

    v. interesting. Maybe I'll try it and pick the standard internet keyboard
    and see what happens. Let me know what happens on x64 if you get around to
    trying it. Thanks.

    Piers James, Jan 9, 2006
  11. Austin Ehlers

    John Barnes Guest

    I tried it in x64 but it does the system search before it lists the
    supported keyboards, and therefore I only get as far as the notice that it
    isn't for x64. Did your keyboard work on x64 with the Internet keyboard
    driver?

    John Barnes, Jan 16, 2006