    Any help would be most appreciated
    thanks a lot
    jan

    jan, Jun 21, 2005

  2. jan

    Parko Guest

    jan wrote:
    > After a computer crash I have been going through everything putting things
    > back in there place, problem is this, when
    > I try and run works it just gives me this error message:
    >
    > 'Works cannot access one or more files it needs to run the word processor.
    > The files may have been renamed, deleted or moved.
    > Try reinstalling works and then starting the program again'
    >
    > Well I have reinstalled the program three times now and its driving me mad!!
    > Any help would be most appreciated
    > thanks a lot
    > jan

    Try OpenOffice.org instead
    http://www.openoffice.org/

    Parko, Jun 21, 2005

  3. jan

    birch Guest

    What OS is it.
    are you admin to the computer?

    birch, Jun 21, 2005
  4. jan

    jan Guest

    sorry, its xp home and yes I am the main administrator

    jan, Jun 22, 2005
  5. jan

    Sunny Guest

    Worth a browse through this ?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247602

    Sunny, Jun 22, 2005
  6. jan

    jan Guest

    Brilliant, thanks a lot
    Jan

    jan, Jun 23, 2005
  7. jan

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Jan, I had the same problem and just fixed it a few seconds ago lol.
    Uninstall Microsoft works, then go under my computer and search for any other microsoft works folder from before the crash including any other program that came with it ( i.e. microsoft money ect..).

    Those old files are interferring with the new files, so deleting them forces works to create new files.

    Also, I didn;t have to, but the forum that helped me, said to do everything I just told you and then start windows in safe mode (hit the F8 key a few times during startup) and reinstall works in that mode.
    Mine installed fine without restarting in safe mode though.

    http://www.developerfood.com/re-ins...8a2b-d67d-4144-b3a8-84524d557cfd/article.aspx

    , Jun 28, 2007