    document, the entire document is over 19 megabytes. I think the entire
    document should be less that 1 megabyte in size. Can someone please tell me
    why these Word documents are so large? Thanks.

    j, Jun 2, 2006

  2. j

    Robert Baer Guest

    j wrote:
    > I am using Microsoft Office 97. When I make a very small Word document and
    > insert some very small jpeg photos into the word document, the document is
    > VERY large in size after I save the document. I can't figure out why this
    > is. One of my documents consists of a few pages of text and a couple dozen
    > jpegs that are all well under 100k in size each, but when I saved the
    > document, the entire document is over 19 megabytes. I think the entire
    > document should be less that 1 megabyte in size. Can someone please tell me
    > why these Word documents are so large? Thanks.

    So what do you expect from Micro$uck? Decent software? Do not hold
    your breath.

    Robert Baer, Jun 3, 2006

  3. j

    Chet Guest

    Even though the original photos are JPG, the format in the Word document is
    different. I don't immediately recall what the format is called but I
    believe that's your answer.

    Chet, Jun 3, 2006
  4. j

    Uplink Guest

    and that supports m theory, this group is a bunch of microsoft h8ers

    Uplink, Jun 4, 2006
  5. "j" <> wrote in message news:dZXfg.45069$...
    > I am using Microsoft Office 97. When I make a very small Word document and
    > insert some very small jpeg photos into the word document, the document is
    > VERY large in size after I save the document. I can't figure out why this
    > is. One of my documents consists of a few pages of text and a couple dozen
    > jpegs that are all well under 100k in size each, but when I saved the
    > document, the entire document is over 19 megabytes. I think the entire
    > document should be less that 1 megabyte in size. Can someone please tell me
    > why these Word documents are so large? Thanks.

    Your question inspired me to perform a little experiment with my own MS Word program
    You can work it out from the recorded informaiton below:

    ---
    First save with test heading only: Filesize = 20kb

    Insert 3 Jpeg files:
    flexible.jpg = 69kb
    Playmate Logo.jpg = 12kb
    speed-freak-flags-cross6.jpg = 37kb
    Total = 118kb

    Second save with 118kb imported: Filesize = 136kb
    ---

    So it would appear to me that there might be something screwing with your MS Word program because the final filesize correlates to
    the imported data and the initial filesize.

    Hope this helped mate.

    Good luck with it
    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi

    One in a million, Jun 4, 2006
  6. j

    JDL Guest

    use OpenOffice instead, by Sun microsystems. It's free!

    JDL, Jun 5, 2006
  7. j

    Wizard Guest

    .... and that answers the questionhow? DimWit!

    Wizard, Jun 6, 2006
  8. j

    JDL Guest

    Wizard <> wrote in news::

    > ... and that answers the questionhow? DimWit!
    >
    > JDL wrote:
    >>
    >> use OpenOffice instead, by Sun microsystems. It's free!

    >> Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service
    >> in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server
    >> Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    I was just posting some good advice that the person may not be aware of.
    Since you like to call people names (are ya in the 4th grade?), you're a
    top-posting butthole. Yeah, "wizard"! 3 points. from behind the arc!
    swish!

    JDL, Jun 7, 2006