    eg. who created, dates of changes etc. Much to my dismay, now the
    information shows up on all of my stored microsoft word documents. How do I
    rid myself of this?
    ~¢makey$, Oct 23, 2003

  2. ~¢makey$

    SgtMinor Guest

    You are right to be concerned about this information being contained in
    your documents. It can backfire. See for instance: "Microsoft Word
    bytes Tony Blair in the butt,"

    http://www.computerbytesman.com/privacy/blair.htm

    Like many MS 'features' it's not easy to undo. Check out this MS
    article: "HOW TO: Minimize Metadata in Microsoft Word 2000 Documents"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237361

    If you're not using Word 2000, click on the links to Word 97 or Word
    2002 in the article.

    Good luck

    SgtMinor, Oct 23, 2003

  3. ~¢makey$

    ~¢makey$ Guest

    I have over 300 word documents that all have the same thing showing on the
    end of the documents after I tried to reveal this information. I appreciate
    the information from you SgtMinor and is helpful to prevent information
    showing up in future documents. If I don't manuall go in to each document
    and highlight and delete, it will even print out the below. I do have Word
    2000 by the way. It is nightmare to have to go to the end of each document
    to remove the example below this.
    Thanks

    Normal

    Normal

    Default Paragraph Font

    John F. Doe

    John F. Doe

    C:\1adata\Docs\Dist squads.doc

    C:\1adata\Docs\Dist squads.doc

    Unknownÿ!

    Times New Roman

    Times New Roman

    Symbol

    Symbol

    Dist #

    Dist #

    John F. Doe

    John F. Doe

    John F. Doe

    John F. Doe

    Dist #

    John F. Doe

    Normal.dot

    John F. Doe

    Microsoft Word 9.0

    Dist #

    Root Entry

    1Table

    1Table

    WordDocument

    WordDocument

    SummaryInformation

    SummaryInformation

    DocumentSummaryInformation

    DocumentSummaryInformation

    CompObj

    CompObj

    ObjectPool

    ObjectPool

    Microsoft Word Document

    MSWordDoc

    Word.Document.8

    ~¢makey$, Oct 24, 2003
  4. ~¢makey$

    SgtMinor Guest

    Quoting from Smith's article: "As a general rule, Word document files
    which are converted to RTF files, HTML files, or PDF files will not
    contain revision logs and other metadata."

    I'd be concerned about metadata mostly with files I need to share with
    others. If that's your problem, you could save it in one of the above
    formats before you send it off, or 'save as' and re-import into Word
    after you turn off all the attribution, and send it as a 'clean' doc
    file. You're bound to lose some formatting, but it might be quicker
    than manually stripping off all the info.

    SgtMinor, Oct 24, 2003
  5. ~¢makey$

    Liz Guest

    Open Microsoft Word, click the yellow "Open" folder icon,
    when the Open dialog box pops up, take a look at the bottom of the box,
    if the "Files of type" is set to "Recover Text From Any File", you need
    to change it to "All Word Documents". This should removed all the
    properties on your document.

    "~¢makey$" wrote:
    > I have over 300 word documents that all have the same thing showing on the
    > end of the documents after I tried to reveal this information. I appreciate
    > the information from you SgtMinor and is helpful to prevent information
    > showing up in future documents. If I don't manuall go in to each document
    > and highlight and delete, it will even print out the below. I do have Word
    > 2000 by the way. It is nightmare to have to go to the end of each document
    > to remove the example below this.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Normal
    >
    > Normal
    >
    > Default Paragraph Font
    >
    > Default Paragraph Font
    >
    > John F. Doe
    >
    > John F. Doe
    >
    > C:\1adata\Docs\Dist squads.doc
    >
    > C:\1adata\Docs\Dist squads.doc
    >
    > Unknownÿ!
    >
    > Times New Roman
    >
    > Times New Roman
    >
    > Symbol
    >
    > Symbol
    >
    > Dist #
    >
    > Dist #
    >
    > John F. Doe

    8<
    Liz, Oct 24, 2003
  6. ~¢makey$

    ~¢makey$ Guest

    Thanks to both of you for helping me, first to Sgt Minor for showing me how
    to remove my information from future docs and to Liz for getting my
    additional information off of the sheet for me.
    Thanks
    Greatly appreciative.

    ~¢makey$, Oct 24, 2003
  7. ~¢makey$

    SgtMinor Guest

    You are welcome. I learned something myself from Liz's tip.

    SgtMinor, Oct 24, 2003
  8. ~¢makey$

    gangle Guest

    Liz is really good at getting people off on the sheet.

    "~¢makey$" wrote
    gangle, Oct 24, 2003
  9. ~¢makey$

    gangle Guest

    Yeah, Liz has nice tips.

    "SgtMinor" wrote

    gangle, Oct 24, 2003
  10. ~¢makey$

    Liz Guest

    Personally, I am fond of cows. :eek:)

    "gangle" wrote

    Liz, Oct 24, 2003
  11. ~¢makey$

    Liz Guest

    I hope they don't find the body, my rap sheet is already a mile long!

    gangle" wrote

    Liz, Oct 24, 2003