    again I keep getting {page} instead of the number. I have the same problem
    with date. I cannot recall how you correct this without resetting
    everyyhing. Can anyone help please.

    Frank Clement-Lorford, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Frank Clement-Lorford

    db sbc Guest

    Right-click anywhere between the braces and choose Update Field. If, having
    done that, the field code is still visible, switch field codes off by
    pressing Alt+F9 (or by going to Tools + Options + View).

    db sbc, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Frank Clement-Lorford

    Annette Guest

    "db sbc" <> wrote in message
    > Right-click anywhere between the braces and choose Update Field. If,
    > having done that, the field code is still visible, switch field codes off
    > by pressing Alt+F9 (or by going to Tools + Options + View).
    >

    > "Frank Clement-Lorford" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I keep getting the same problem, but have forgotten how to fix it
    >> and I know its only a visual thing.
    >>
    >> On my ongoing documents where I have inserted page numbers, every now and
    >> again I keep getting {page} instead of the number. I have the same
    >> problem with date. I cannot recall how you correct this without resetting
    >> everyyhing. Can anyone help please.
    >>

    >************

    Quick question: I have many components missing from the original CDs (Word
    & Works)..Will I have to uninstall first, or can I just begin with the
    course of disks and whatever isn't there will be overwritten?
    ***************

    Annette, Feb 2, 2007
  4. Frank Clement-Lorford

    Mike Easter Guest

    Annette wrote:

    > Quick question:

    Whenever anyone says 'quick question', I cringe.

    Whenever anyone says, 'trust me', I don't.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 2, 2007
  5. Frank Clement-Lorford

    Annette Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Annette wrote:
    >
    >> Quick question:

    > Whenever anyone says 'quick question', I cringe.
    >
    > Whenever anyone says, 'trust me', I don't.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks for the info.

    Annette, Feb 2, 2007