    (I'm doing this as I write this now).

    Any ideas?
    , Nov 29, 2006

  2. wrote in
    news::

    > Since my computer crashed and I upgraded to Windows XP Pro some of the
    > special function kys on my wireless keyboard do not work. These are My
    > Documents, My Pictures, My Music and Print Screen. I've tried uploading
    > new drivers but that didn't work. Going to keyboard in cotrol panel and
    > running the test reports that the keyboard is workig properly ! Also
    > battery n good condition. Another symptom is that some of the ordinary
    > keys do not always work and I have to go back to fill in missed letters
    > (I'm doing this as I write this now).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Your keyboard might just be done gone bad, and don't like to buy the vowels
    because maybe you don't even type all that good, so how'd you like it if
    Microsoft Keyboard posted messages talking bad about you? Just kidding.

    Borrow another [wired] keyboard, open a text file, and verify that the
    keyboard is or is not the issue.

    If it's not, then I don't know what to say to that. But if it is, then goto
    Control Panel and completely uninstall all that wireless stuff. Stay hooked
    up with the wired keyboard and goto Microsoft downloads and get latest for
    XP, I think you'll find they offer one flavor for 9x and another for XP.

    Then install, reboooooooooot as necessary, and then hook up and see how it
    flies. Post back with updates and if more problems on the typping thang.

    Best wishes to you and yours for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if someday some fishermen caught
    a big shark and cut it open, and there inside was a whole person.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 29, 2006