    tried pressing the buttons, but can't get these things to properly install.

    Any advice? Thanks in advance,

    smackedass
    smackedass, Aug 4, 2007

  2. smackedass

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 20:51:05 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >I have in my posession a Microsoft Notebook Receiver v. 2.0, Model #1051
    >(which acts as the sensor connected to a USB port), and a Microsoft Optical
    >Mouse 3000. They had been working properly, in tandem, with my customer's
    >Windows XP HE SP2 box. I re-installed her operating system, and the device
    >(s) start to plug and play, but I get the message "A problem occured, your
    >hardware might not work properly".
    >
    >I cannot locate a manual or a driver at the Microsoft site. I notice that
    >each of these devices have buttons that say "Connect" next to them. I've
    >tried pressing the buttons, but can't get these things to properly install.

    Not that I have a Microsoft mouse, but my el-cheapo holds the
    same 'connect' buttons.

    Initialize: Press the one on the dongle. Hold the mouse next to
    the dongle and press the button on the mouse.

    And to swich off the mouse: press and hold the same button,
    untill the led stops blinking.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok
    Gerard Bok, Aug 5, 2007

  3. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Thank you, Gerard,

    By now, I think that I'm certain that the USB device has failed, as I've
    tried everything in my power, including what you have suggested.

    Thank you, again,

    smackedass
    smackedass, Aug 6, 2007
  4. smackedass

    Tom Benoit Guest

    This may help. Just locate your mouse then click the "learn more" button.
    You will go to the page associated with yor selection. Under "Downloads"
    select "Download Software". The driver and manual are most likely included
    in the download.

    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/m...list.aspx?type=Mouse&AdditionalType=Trackball

    Tom

    Tom Benoit, Aug 6, 2007