    Remote Assistance. I have looked on all settings on the computer, and remote
    assistance is set up as an exception on everything that might block it. What
    should I do?
    =?Utf-8?B?VW5yZWFsY2hhbXA=?=, Jan 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VW5yZWFsY2hhbXA=?=

    Alan White Guest

    I assume you have enabled Desktop assistance
    Right click My Computer, left click Properties, click on Remote and place a
    check mark.
    Then go to the Windows firewall and ensure that Desktop assistance has a
    check mark beside it under the Exceptions tab. Also ensure that on the
    first page on the firewall set-up, that you haven't checked off "no
    exceptions" between the ON and OFF buttons.
    Turn off any other firewall, such as McAffee, Norton, ZoneAlarm etc.

    Alan White, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Put your PC's IP address in the DMZ of the router...

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 7, 2005