Microsoft wins against spammer

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Jim Watt, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    Jim Watt, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Jim Watt

    Steve Welsh Guest

    Yes, Jim

    It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
    allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
    that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.

    Steve Welsh, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Steve Welsh wrote:

    > Yes, Jim
    >
    > It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
    > allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
    > that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.
    >
    > Jim Watt wrote:
    >> http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,3604,1546407,00.html
    >>
    >> "Microsoft has filed more than 135 anti-spam lawsuits worldwide in
    >> recent years, about 100 of them in the United States. All told, the
    >> company said it had won $838 million in judgments against spammers."
    >>
    >> sounds good to me.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jim Watt
    >> http://www.gibnet.com

    ....Yet again Microsoft wins. Maybe that is why they let them get away with
    spamming for so long....1) Make crapware, 2) let spammers make millions
    using your OS to spam, 3) sue spammers and get thier money...
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:25:00 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    >Steve Welsh wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, Jim
    >>
    >> It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
    >> allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
    >> that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.
    >>
    >> Jim Watt wrote:
    >>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,3604,1546407,00.html
    >>>
    >>> "Microsoft has filed more than 135 anti-spam lawsuits worldwide in
    >>> recent years, about 100 of them in the United States. All told, the
    >>> company said it had won $838 million in judgments against spammers."
    >>>
    >>> sounds good to me.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jim Watt
    >>> http://www.gibnet.com

    >...Yet again Microsoft wins. Maybe that is why they let them get away with
    >spamming for so long....1) Make crapware, 2) let spammers make millions
    >using your OS to spam, 3) sue spammers and get thier money...

    Why don't you 'get a mac' like you advised others?

    Its a MS world, whether you like it or not.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 11, 2005
  5. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:25:00 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >>Steve Welsh wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, Jim
    >>>
    >>> It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
    >>> allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
    >>> that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.

    >>...Yet again Microsoft wins. Maybe that is why they let them get away with
    >>spamming for so long....1) Make crapware, 2) let spammers make millions
    >>using your OS to spam, 3) sue spammers and get thier money...

    > Why don't you 'get a mac' like you advised others?
    >
    > Its a MS world, whether you like it or not.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
    desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to learn
    how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are still
    upgrading...

    It is a rapidly change World, Jim. There are pilot programs here in the US
    where Windows has been replaced with linux. You have investment groups
    investing in linux based solutions. Wether you like it or not linux/BSD is
    gaining ground in the work place and will overtake Windows. Learn it or be
    left behind.

    Why am I so confident that this will happen?

    1) MS seems scared in their actions (not their words,but their actions).
    They are trying everything they can to make Windows inoperable with non
    windows systems. IE7 will not even pass the acid2 test. Nor are they
    planning on having IE7 pass. There are using IP to copyright everything
    under the Sun to prevent and slow down linux.

    2) MS has pissing off way to many people with their licensing games

    3) MS has pissing off a lot of people with their outright arrogance

    4) MS has pissed of a lot of people with their promises but, usually are way
    short on the delivery.

    5) Look what they did with SCO!

    Im
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    >First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
    >desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to learn
    >how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are still
    >upgrading...
    >
    >It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

    indeed one where people can't write in English.

    >Why am I so confident that this will happen?

    because you are a delusional dickhead?

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 11, 2005
  7. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >

    >>First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
    >>desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to
    >>learn how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are
    >>still upgrading...
    >>
    >>It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

    > indeed one where people can't write in English.
    >
    >>Why am I so confident that this will happen?

    > because you are a delusional dickhead?
    >

    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim, once again you are showing your ineptness with anything technical. You
    truly are a useless old man with a small brain and massive amounts of
    ignorance. Congraduations, you are a strong candidate for "Senior Dickhead
    of the Newsgroups" this year. Stop wasting everyone's time with you
    mindless comments and dribble you are just making an ass of yourself....
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  8. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >

    >>First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
    >>desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to
    >>learn how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are
    >>still upgrading...
    >>
    >>It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

    > indeed one where people can't write in English.
    >
    >>Why am I so confident that this will happen?

    > because you are a delusional dickhead?
    >

    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    I was thinking. I can not recall a single post from you that had any sort of
    technical merit. Not one. Infact, excluding your comical relief, you are
    are quite useless. Don't get me wrong I enjoy laughing at you, as I am sure
    other people who read your posts here do too. Why do you really come here?
    You post midless dribble and lame insults. People laugh at what a moron you
    are. Why do you come here?
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  9. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:24:13 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    >Jim Watt wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
    >>>desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to
    >>>learn how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are
    >>>still upgrading...
    >>>
    >>>It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

    >> indeed one where people can't write in English.
    >>
    >>>Why am I so confident that this will happen?

    >> because you are a delusional dickhead?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Jim Watt
    >> http://www.gibnet.com

    >Jim, once again you are showing your ineptness with anything technical. You
    >truly are a useless old man with a small brain and massive amounts of
    >ignorance. Congraduations, you are a strong candidate for "Senior Dickhead
    >of the Newsgroups" this year. Stop wasting everyone's time with you
    >mindless comments and dribble you are just making an ass of yourself....

    .... I see you have nothing to say regarding issues of computer
    security.

    I really don't know why operating systems engender such
    blind quasi-religious feelings from their adherents. Whether
    I like Microsoft or not nearly all my business involves machines
    running their products and that is the reality and its not going
    to change.

    If your only advise is to 'get a Mac or 'use Linux the joke is
    on you.

    Now **** off.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 11, 2005
  10. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:40:03 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    >I was thinking. I can not recall a single post from you that had any sort of
    >technical merit.

    you can understand technical things?

    However, all you seem to do is be abusive and quote URLS
    for comment, so I believe we have a pot/kettle situation of
    a dark nature.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 11, 2005
  11. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:40:03 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >>I was thinking. I can not recall a single post from you that had any sort
    >>of technical merit.

    > you can understand technical things?
    >
    > However, all you seem to do is be abusive and quote URLS
    > for comment, so I believe we have a pot/kettle situation of
    > a dark nature.
    >
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Nope. I post articles that I think are interesting. I do not comment all the
    time because I want people to draw their own conclusions.

    You on the other hand only post stupid insults, that makes people laugh at
    you...

    Did you understand that or did I use words that were to big for you?
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  12. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:24:13 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >>Jim Watt wrote:

    >>> indeed one where people can't write in English.

    >>> because you are a delusional dickhead?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Jim Watt
    >>> http://www.gibnet.com

    >>Jim, once again you are showing your ineptness with anything technical.
    >>You truly are a useless old man with a small brain and massive amounts of
    >>ignorance. Congraduations, you are a strong candidate for "Senior Dickhead
    >>of the Newsgroups" this year. Stop wasting everyone's time with you
    >>mindless comments and dribble you are just making an ass of yourself....

    > ... I see you have nothing to say regarding issues of computer
    > security.
    >
    > I really don't know why operating systems engender such
    > blind quasi-religious feelings from their adherents. Whether
    > I like Microsoft or not nearly all my business involves machines
    > running their products and that is the reality and its not going
    > to change.
    >
    > If your only advise is to 'get a Mac or 'use Linux the joke is
    > on you.
    >
    > Now **** off.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim your small feeble mind is showing...stick to being a peeping tom. That
    sure is a job you are qualified for...this computer thing is just to
    complicated for you.
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  13. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:24:13 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >>Jim Watt wrote:

    >>> indeed one where people can't write in English.

    >>> because you are a delusional dickhead?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Jim Watt
    >>> http://www.gibnet.com

    >>Jim, once again you are showing your ineptness with anything technical.
    >>You truly are a useless old man with a small brain and massive amounts of
    >>ignorance. Congraduations, you are a strong candidate for "Senior Dickhead
    >>of the Newsgroups" this year. Stop wasting everyone's time with you
    >>mindless comments and dribble you are just making an ass of yourself....

    > ... I see you have nothing to say regarding issues of computer
    > security.
    >
    > I really don't know why operating systems engender such
    > blind quasi-religious feelings from their adherents. Whether
    > I like Microsoft or not nearly all my business involves machines
    > running their products and that is the reality and its not going
    > to change.

    Honestly, your real problem is that you are to static in your thoughts. You
    can not possibly have the insight to predict anything of what the future is
    going to be like. You might work with windows as a job but there are
    others, like me, that work with Macs and linux (Yes, in a corporate
    environment) for a job. Again, you add little to any intelligent
    conversation but, I expect that for you.

    > If your only advise is to 'get a Mac or 'use Linux the joke is
    > on you.
    >
    > Now **** off.

    You proved my point, small minds can not articulate themselves well...Again,
    at least you are predictable.

    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  14. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    And you are a ****
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 11, 2005
  15. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:56:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    > I post articles that I think are interesting.

    For an IQ0 they may be.

    Clearly you are also a penicious little shit who
    feels he always needs to have the last word
    so I'll give you your wish.

    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because
    they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous
    sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."

    .... Neil Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
    Jim Watt, Aug 11, 2005
  16. You both must be teenagers .... behave now boys, or go see your mother and
    ask her for help ..... assholes.

    Hank Sniadoch, Aug 11, 2005
  17. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Hank Sniadoch wrote:

    > You both must be teenagers .... behave now boys, or go see your mother and
    > ask her for help ..... assholes.
    > "Jim Watt" <_way> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:56:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I post articles that I think are interesting.

    >> For an IQ0 they may be.
    >>
    >> Clearly you are also a penicious little shit who
    >> feels he always needs to have the last word
    >> so I'll give you your wish.
    >>
    >> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
    >>
    >> "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game
    >> because
    >> they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from -
    >> self-righteous
    >> sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
    >>
    >> ... Neil Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

    First, you are right. We are acting like teenages. However, I can only
    ignore so much...Second, what your language.
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  18. Jim Watt

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:20:43 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >>You proved my point, small minds can not articulate themselves
    >>well...Again, at least you are predictable.

    > And you are a ****
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim, the word is "articulate" are you sure you know what it means???? You
    sound like you grew up on the street.
    Imhotep, Aug 11, 2005
  19. Jim Watt

    Steve Welsh Guest

    Jim,

    On topic - can you give me one good reason why the FTC in the States
    should not fine Microsoft ALL of the money they have won from spammers,
    seeing as how is is THEIR SHITE PRODUCT that caused the majority of the
    spam problem as it exists now. And while they are about it, they might
    just double it as a punitive fine ;)

    Love and kisses,
    Steve

    Steve Welsh, Aug 11, 2005
  20. Jim Watt

    Steve Welsh Guest

    Well, at least one of those is useful, which is more than I can say for
    your arguments, Jim.

    because
    they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from -
    self-righteous
    sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."

    .... Neil Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

    Touche

    Steve Welsh, Aug 11, 2005