    SP1 assists IT professionals in securing their server infrastructure
    and provides enhanced manageability and control for Windows Server 2003
    users.
    Nathan Mercer, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Nathan  Mercer

    Steve Guest

    Hi Nathan,

    Any word on installing this on SBS2k3 installs? or wait for SBS SP1...?

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...39-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en

    Steve, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Nathan  Mercer

    Richard Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > RTMed at 205PM today NZ time
    >
    > Download from
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...39-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en
    >
    > Install Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to help
    > secure your server and to better defend against hackers. Windows Server
    > 2003 SP1 enhances security infrastructure by providing new security
    > tools such as Security Configuration Wizard, which helps secure your
    > server for role-based operations, improves defense-in-depth with Data
    > Execution Protection, and provides a safe and secure first-boot
    > scenario with Post-setup Security Update Wizard. Windows Server 2003
    > SP1 assists IT professionals in securing their server infrastructure
    > and provides enhanced manageability and control for Windows Server 2003
    > users.

    Great... the day after in download the RC for it to get WPA support on the
    laptop they release it.... Always happens....

    Richard, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Nathan  Mercer

    Rob King Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message news:<m%N2e.14363$>...
    > Hi Nathan,
    >
    > Any word on installing this on SBS2k3 installs? or wait for SBS SP1...?
    >

    > "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > > RTMed at 205PM today NZ time
    > >
    > > Download from
    > >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...39-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en
    > >
    > > Install Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to help
    > > secure your server and to better defend against hackers. Windows Server
    > > 2003 SP1 enhances security infrastructure by providing new security
    > > tools such as Security Configuration Wizard, which helps secure your
    > > server for role-based operations, improves defense-in-depth with Data
    > > Execution Protection, and provides a safe and secure first-boot
    > > scenario with Post-setup Security Update Wizard. Windows Server 2003
    > > SP1 assists IT professionals in securing their server infrastructure
    > > and provides enhanced manageability and control for Windows Server 2003
    > > users.

    I read a post from someone on FileForum who said it was a "bad, bad
    idea".
    I guess despite it being based on Windows Server 2003, SBS 2003 is
    sufficiently different that SP1 would break things.
    Rob King, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Nathan  Mercer

    Richard Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    >> RTMed at 205PM today NZ time
    >>
    >> Download from
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...39-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en

    Just had a look, it has the same filename as the prerelease I downloaded on the
    30th - different file size... fingers crossed it isnt the same as what I have,
    if it really is different, IMHO its stupid to give it the same filename as an RC

    Richard, Apr 1, 2005
  6. In article <424d2e38$1_1@127.0.0.1>, Richard <> wrote:

    >Richard wrote:
    >> Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >>
    >>> RTMed at 205PM today NZ time
    >>>
    >>> Download from
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=22CFC239-337C-4D81-
    >>> 8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en
    >>>

    >Just had a look, it has the same filename as the prerelease I downloaded on
    >the
    >30th - different file size... fingers crossed it isnt the same as what I have,
    >if it really is different, IMHO its stupid to give it the same filename as an
    >RC

    It wouldn't matter if they were in the habit of posting MD5 digests or
    similar. The Open Source folks do this sort of thing as a matter of
    course, which is one reason why, for example, it is easy for them to
    make downloads available on mirrors all over the world, and anybody
    downloading a copy from anywhere can verify that it is indeed
    bit-for-bit identical to the original distribution.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Steve wrote:
    > Hi Nathan,
    >
    > Any word on installing this on SBS2k3 installs? or wait for SBS

    SP1...?

    SBS2003SP1 is expected around 19 of April

    From
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/downloads/sp1/default.mspx

    Note: Although Windows Server 2003 SP1 has released, it is recommended
    that you wait to install this service pack until Windows Small Business
    Server 2003 SP1 releases.

    Cheers
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Apr 3, 2005