    Network, where Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network are both
    found but not Microsoft Windows Network. Everything is checked and were OK.
    We are using Novell Netware server.
    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Jun 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    lowdes Guest

    You should have used RIS.

    lowdes, Jun 5, 2006

  3. Nothing to do with ghosting

    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Jun 5, 2006
  4. "OTHMAN" wrote:

    > I have ghosted XP SP2 at my work place around 300 computers.
    > The problem I have is that I can no longer see “Microsoft Windows Networkâ€
    > and the Workgroups under it. I am looking in My Network Places / Entire
    > Network, where Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network are both
    > found but not Microsoft Windows Network. Everything is checked and were OK.
    > We are using Novell Netware server.

    You have the Client for Microsoft Networks installed in your network card
    properties?
    --
    LoopBack
    MCNGP #52
    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, Jun 5, 2006
  5. Yes, everything is OK, I have follow this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826.

    The only problem is “Microsoft Windows Network†is missing from My Network
    Places.

    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Jun 5, 2006
  6. "OTHMAN" wrote:

    > Yes, everything is OK, I have follow this:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826.
    >
    > The only problem is “Microsoft Windows Network†is missing from My Network
    > Places.

    If everything is OK... why is the same thing broke on 300 machines? ;-)

    --
    LoopBack
    MCNGP #52
    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, Jun 5, 2006
  7. ?
    I have ghosted, it means the first image was have the problem, I didn't seen
    until I have tried to connect to exntel server. I have My Network Places and
    I noticed MWN is missing

    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Jun 5, 2006
  8. "OTHMAN" wrote:

    > ?
    > I have ghosted, it means the first image was have the problem, I didn't seen
    > until I have tried to connect to exntel server. I have My Network Places and
    > I noticed MWN is missing

    No worries. I've never seen this happen before...

    I've done a little google time for you, there are some suggestions on
    http://www.ntcompatible.com/Microsoft_Windows_Network_LOST_t31562.html but
    not too sure if they really hit on a solution. I assume that you patched the
    hell out of your image machine before ghosting - patches have a nice way of
    fixing one thing, and feckin' 2-3 things.

    I'll keep looking for you though

    --
    LoopBack
    MCNGP #52
    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, Jun 5, 2006
  9. Its works now, but How can I do with 300pc. is there anything like patch
    file, when the user logon into workstation then applys to it.

    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Jun 5, 2006
  10. "OTHMAN" wrote:

    > Its works now, but How can I do with 300pc. is there anything like patch
    > file, when the user logon into workstation then applys to it.

    Glad it's working, what did you do - that made the difference?
    --
    LoopBack
    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, Jun 5, 2006
  11. I have removed "Client for Microsoft Networks and re-install again, It works
    OK now. How can I do with 300pcs, is there anything like a patch file to
    remove it and re-install it using the patch file?

    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Jun 5, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    kpg Guest

    As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > I have removed "Client for Microsoft Networks and
    > re-install again, It works OK now.

    Well, that would do it.
    kpg, Jun 5, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Consultant Guest

    reghost and reimage 299 remaining computers

    Consultant, Jun 5, 2006
  14. "Consultant" wrote:

    > reghost and reimage 299 remaining computers

    Thanks, it is easy to say but it is hard to do. Because I need to backup the
    data and then put it back again. it is quick hard task. There are some local
    security setting, e.g. account department, and Mgment department.

    Does anyone know why this problem happen?
    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Jun 6, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Guest Guest

    "OTHMAN" <> wrote in message
    > "Consultant" wrote:
    >
    >> reghost and reimage 299 remaining computers

    > Thanks, it is easy to say but it is hard to do. Because I need to backup the
    > data and then put it back again. it is quick hard task. There are some local
    > security setting, e.g. account department, and Mgment department.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this problem happen?

    Um, you skipped a step.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 6, 2006
  16. Man, that would so suck!!! I think it'd be quicker to go to each machine and
    remove and readd it than to reimage every machine.

    Maybe you could create some sort of script to run on each machine that would
    make it easier.

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jun 11, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    LoopBack Guest

    Julia wrote:
    > Man, that would so suck!!! I think it'd be quicker to go to each machine and
    > remove and readd it than to reimage every machine.
    >
    > Maybe you could create some sort of script to run on each machine that would
    > make it easier.

    Problem is, this guy screwed up BIG TIME, with the image prep - how do
    you think he'd get on with a script? Before finalising the image, it's
    a good idea to test the machine, particularly before you image more
    than 3 or 4 machines, never mind 300!

    I think you should stick around here. We need more ladies.

    --
    LoopBack
    MCNGP #52
    LoopBack, Jun 12, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    LoopBack Guest

    LoopBack, Jun 12, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, LoopBack spurted out:

    > I think you should stick around here. We need more ladies.

    She is definitely starting to sound like an asset.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 12, 2006