  1. Roy Bean

    Roy Bean Guest

    Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?
    Roy Bean, Oct 19, 2006

  2. In message <eh74l3$87d$>, Roy Bean wrote:

    > Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    Why are you surprised? :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Roy Bean

    Earl Grey Guest

    Earl Grey, Oct 19, 2006
  4. Roy Bean

    MaHogany Guest

    On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:07:34 +1300, Roy Bean wrote:

    > Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    It's you.

    Firefox 2 is Standards Compliant. IE7 is not. (altho' it's better than IE6.)

    Ma Hogany

    --
    "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    fries with that, if prompted."
    MaHogany, Oct 19, 2006
  5. Roy Bean

    frederick Guest

    Roy Bean wrote:
    > Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    Zoom feature's good - except it's buggy with radio buttons etc.
    frederick, Oct 19, 2006
  6. On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:07:34 +1300, Roy Bean wrote:

    > Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    Huh? Has FireFox gone an implemented ActiveX with auto spyware installs???!
    wogers nemesis, Oct 19, 2006
  7. Roy Bean

    MaHogany Guest

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:16:23 +1300, wogers nemesis wrote:

    >> Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    > Huh? Has FireFox gone an implemented ActiveX with auto spyware installs???!

    That will never happen. ActiveX only works on the Windows platform, and
    Firefox is a cross-platform browser. Firefox also is serious about
    security. ActiveX is a security breach just waiting to be used by any
    trogan and virus and piece of spyware.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 19, 2006
  8. Roy Bean

    k9nick Guest

    On Oct 19, 7:07 pm, Roy Bean <> wrote:
    > Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    In a word, Yes. Of course, Bill had to give what the public wanted
    didnt he. Otherwise the public wouldnt be using ie7. Or at least,
    more and more would turn away of course. To firefox. Like they ahve
    been doin. But then, I've been using firefox for years anyway. And
    do you know what ? Even if ie 7 was just as good, Id still use FF.

    Toodles
    k9nick, Oct 22, 2006
  9. Roy Bean

    BrianM Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:14:05 +1000, k9nick wrote:

    > On Oct 19, 7:07 pm, Roy Bean <> wrote:
    >> Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    > In a word, Yes. Of course, Bill had to give what the public wanted
    > didnt he. Otherwise the public wouldnt be using ie7. Or at least, more
    > and more would turn away of course. To firefox. Like they ahve been
    > doin. But then, I've been using firefox for years anyway. And do you
    > know what ? Even if ie 7 was just as good, Id still use FF.
    >
    > Toodles

    Same old copy steal plagiarize from the good 'ol boys.

    --
    BrianM
    BrianM, Oct 23, 2006
  10. It sure does!! Although it is still slower and buggier than firefox.)

    aldrin fabricius, Oct 23, 2006
  11. Roy Bean

    Chris Lim Guest

    Roy Bean wrote:
    > Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    Does Firefox 2 have ridiculously-placed toolbar buttons as well? I've
    been using IE 7 for a few weeks now and still have trouble finding the
    Stop and Refresh buttons (I keep going to the top left and they're way
    over on the top right next to the huge Address Bar which can't be
    resized).

    I can't believe they've taken such a simple interface and made it
    worse. I like the tabs, yes, but so far that's the only redeeming
    feature over IE6 (the phishing filter was annoying but at least I can
    turn that off). Why did they make the Address Bar so big and
    non-resizable? I can live with it being at the very top of the screen,
    but why so huge? If a URL is that long then I don't really want to see
    the entire thing!

    I don't particularly like Firefox (I tried it for a while but went back
    to IE 6) but I'm seriously thinking about giving it another go if I
    don't get used to this stupid UI.

    God if this is how they've screwed up a simple interface like IE, I'm
    really going to hate Vista.
    Chris Lim, Oct 23, 2006
  12. In message <>, Chris Lim
    wrote:

    > Roy Bean wrote:
    >> Is it just me or is IE7 very much like FireFox 2 ?

    > Does Firefox 2 have ridiculously-placed toolbar buttons as well? I've
    > been using IE 7 for a few weeks now and still have trouble finding the
    > Stop and Refresh buttons (I keep going to the top left and they're way
    > over on the top right next to the huge Address Bar which can't be
    > resized).

    In Firefox, the buttons are to the left of the address text-entry box. The
    only thing to the right of the address box is the search box.

    The address box contents can also autoscroll if you drag the mouse or use
    the arrows to move through it, to show a very long address.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 23, 2006
  13. Roy Bean

    steve Guest

    MaHogany wrote:
    > ActiveX is a security breach just waiting to be used by any
    > trogan and virus and piece of spyware.

    ....and has been ever since it was intro'd in 1993.
    steve, Oct 23, 2006
  14. Roy Bean

    MaHogany Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:22:20 +1300, steve wrote:

    >> ActiveX is a security breach just waiting to be used by any
    >> trogan and virus and piece of spyware.

    > ...and has been ever since it was intro'd in 1993.

    Yup!

    But another very good reason not to use M$ Windows, or M$IE, OR M$
    Outlook/OE.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 23, 2006