    to download anywhere. Any suggestions?

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Luke O'Malley wrote:

    > I have tried to install pc-cillin a number of times and I receive
    > the following message:
    > " Windows(R) Installer 2.0.2600.0 found. This is an older version
    > of the Windows(R) Installer.

    See? Windows really *is* a virus.

    -
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Luke O'Malley

    samuel Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote in

    > I have tried to install pc-cillin a number of times and I receive
    > the following message:
    > " Windows(R) Installer 2.0.2600.0 found. This is an older version
    > of the Windows(R) Installer.
    > Click OK to continue."
    > When I click OK it seems to be installing and then I reach a screen
    > where is say click OK to uninstall! I
    > select it anyway and the installation dies.
    >
    > I was on the Microsoft web site and could not find the newer version
    > to download anywhere. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    what os ?
    http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108201
    samuel, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Luke O'Malley

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    > I have tried to install pc-cillin a number of times and I receive
    > the following message:
    > " Windows(R) Installer 2.0.2600.0 found. This is an older version
    > of the Windows(R) Installer.
    > Click OK to continue."

    Which OS, which Service Pack level? IIRC, you get this with, Windows 2000
    SP1 - but it's so long since I worked with an unpatched machine I forget the
    actual error/required Service Pack

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 5, 2004
  5. In article ,
    samuel <> said:

    >Luke O'Malley <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have tried to install pc-cillin a number of times and I receive
    >> the following message:
    >> " Windows(R) Installer 2.0.2600.0 found. This is an older

    >version
    >> of the Windows(R) Installer.
    >> Click OK to continue."
    >> When I click OK it seems to be installing and then I reach a

    >screen
    >> where is say click OK to uninstall! I
    >> select it anyway and the installation dies.
    >>
    >> I was on the Microsoft web site and could not find the newer

    >version
    >> to download anywhere. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Goodwill,
    >> Luke

    >what os ?
    >http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108201

    XP Pro . . . sorry I didn't include it.
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 5, 2004
  6. In article 413b761e$0$26165$,
    "Dan Evans" <> said:

    >"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >> I have tried to install pc-cillin a number of times and I receive
    >> the following message:
    >> " Windows(R) Installer 2.0.2600.0 found. This is an older

    >version
    >> of the Windows(R) Installer.
    >> Click OK to continue."

    >Which OS, which Service Pack level? IIRC, you get this with,
    >Windows 2000
    >SP1 - but it's so long since I worked with an unpatched machine I
    >forget the
    >actual error/required Service Pack
    >
    >Dan

    >-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

    XP Pro with no service packs.

    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 5, 2004
  7. Luke O'Malley

    samuel Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote in

    > In article 413b761e$0$26165$,
    > "Dan Evans" <> said:
    >>
    >>"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have tried to install pc-cillin a number of times and I
    >>> receive the following message:
    >>> " Windows(R) Installer 2.0.2600.0 found. This is an older
    >>> version
    >>> of the Windows(R) Installer.
    >>> Click OK to continue."

    >>Which OS, which Service Pack level? IIRC, you get this with,
    >>Windows 2000
    >>SP1 - but it's so long since I worked with an unpatched machine I
    >>forget the
    >>actual error/required Service Pack
    >>
    >>Dan

    .......cutting....

    > XP Pro with no service packs.
    >
    > Luke

    why no SP's installed ?

    try to install in safe mode ?

    have you searched the Xp groups ?

    ask there too microsoft.public.windowsxp

    http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/search/main/search/default.asp
    http://www.trendmicro.com/en/support/contact.htm

    from the google search for MSI engine maybe this???
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20925737.html

    and http://tinyurl.com/4uvzh
    samuel, Sep 6, 2004
  8. Luke O'Malley

    > XP Pro with no service packs.

    Yikes! Get SP1 and pre SP2 patches in at least, SP2 if you don't mind the
    running the risk of possible new unrelated problems. Then try again.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 6, 2004