Microsoft Windows CFileFind Class "FindFile()" Buffer Overflow

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Sep 18, 2007

  2. On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:12:15 -0700, Au79 <> wrote:

    >Secunia - UK
    >
    >Jonathan Sarba has discovered a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows, which
    >potentially can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable
    >system ...
    >
    ><http://secunia.com/advisories/26800/>

    Great! So we should tell everyone in the hope it is picked up by one
    of those 'malicious people' who can create mayhem.

    Edward W. Thompson, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Au79 <> wrote in news:T_JHi.276454$:

    > Secunia - UK
    >
    > Jonathan Sarba has discovered a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows, which
    > potentially can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a

    vulnerable
    > system ...
    >
    ><http://secunia.com/advisories/26800/>

    Excerpt from above:

    The following products are currently known to have vectors allowing
    exploitation:

    * HP All-in-One Series Web Release software/driver installer version 2.1.0
    * HP Photo & Imaging Gallery version 1.1

    +-end excerpt-+

    Risk is VERY minimal and probably none unless you have the above software.

    Fuzzy Logic, Sep 18, 2007