Microsoft VPN client and CISCO IOS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jaime, Dec 2, 2004.

  1. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    Hi all

    I'm trying to set-up a VPN between a Microsoft's WinXP VPN client and my
    Cisco 1760.

    I've seen that Ms VPN client does not support the group concept that Cisco
    sets with the command "crypto isakmp client configuration group mygroup".

    Cisco says that for clients that offer a group that does not match the above
    statement, its due to use:

    "crypto isakmp client configuration group default"

    But I dont know if this statement is usefull for Ms VPN client, as I
    suppose that it does not offer any group at all !
    Can you help me with that ?

    Furthermore, when I use the preshared key:

    crypto isakmp client configuration group default
    key mykey

    i see on cisco's debbugger that the client negociates the connection but
    they do not agree on the key, althought I have set the same key on the Ms VPN
    client.

    Any help ?

    Thanks

    Jaime