    the x64 license key work on the 32-bit version?

    -Greg

    , Sep 24, 2006

  2. How you obtain license keys and ISOs is all the usual methods. The most
    common usual method for this particular scenario is probably Open License.
    It is my understanding that Open License has cross-licensing rights for
    Server 2003, though I don't pretend to be an expert on licensing.
    Cross-licensing means that you can use either 32-bit or 64-bit, and it
    should have media available for both.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thanks, Charlie. The hosting companies have special deals with
    Microsoft, so I'm not sure how this would apply. I will ask, however.

    -Greg

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > How you obtain license keys and ISOs is all the usual methods. The most
    > common usual method for this particular scenario is probably Open License.
    > It is my understanding that Open License has cross-licensing rights for
    > Server 2003, though I don't pretend to be an expert on licensing.
    > Cross-licensing means that you can use either 32-bit or 64-bit, and it
    > should have media available for both.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >

    > wrote:
    > > I am leasing a Dell 1950/Woodcrest from a major hosting provider. The
    > > machine has Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 installed, and I have
    > > also installed Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise Edition
    > > (x64). I understand the new Microsoft licensing for Windows Server 2003
    > > Enterprise allows me to run up to four (4) concurrent virtual machines
    > > under the host license. The problem, though, is that the latest version
    > > of Microsoft Virtual Server does not support x64 guests.
    > >
    > > How do I deal with this? I need to run the 32-bit version of Windows
    > > Server 2003 Enterprise, but how do I get an ISO and license key? Will
    > > the x64 license key work on the 32-bit version?
    > >
    > > -Greg

    , Sep 24, 2006