    domain a Win 2k3 server. It is not seeing the DNS server at all. What am I
    doing wrong on this? I am using the virtual pc approach because I do not
    have the funds to get 2 more pcs. What settings did you guys use for this?
    Louis Patterson, Jan 18, 2004

  2. On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:07:37 -0600, "Louis Patterson"
    <> wrote:

    >I have been trying all day to get my virtual os (windows xp) to join my real
    >domain a Win 2k3 server. It is not seeing the DNS server at all. What am I
    >doing wrong on this? I am using the virtual pc approach because I do not
    >have the funds to get 2 more pcs. What settings did you guys use for this?

    Generally networking is at fault if its anything like VMWare
    "We require rigidly defined areas of
    doubt and uncertainty!"

    Remove Vroomfondle to email me.
    Marlin (the PFY) Munrow, Jan 18, 2004

  3. did you enable and configure the network connection on the VPC?

    --
    RL (blind squirrel lookin' for nuts) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT
    NorthEast Ohio

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Louis Patterson

    ADRENALINE Guest

    i think u should use vmware. in vmware, you can start/stop vmware's dhcp
    server. but in virtual pc you cant. it might be causing all probs

    ADRENALINE, Jan 20, 2004
  5. Louis Patterson

    ADRENALINE Guest

    uhh is it? i am gonna buy another 512 mb ram to total 1 gb today ,totalling
    investing on vmware. so you say i cant do exercises on vmware? :\

    ADRENALINE, Jan 20, 2004
  6. Louis Patterson

    Paul Lynch Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I have been trying all day to get my virtual os (windows xp) to join my real
    >domain a Win 2k3 server. It is not seeing the DNS server at all. What am I
    >doing wrong on this? I am using the virtual pc approach because I do not
    >have the funds to get 2 more pcs. What settings did you guys use for this?

    I've been playing around with this for a week or so and I've got it
    running perfectly.

    You need to install the MS Loopback Adapter on your PC and configure a
    valid IP address on both the host and the virtual machine.

    This is covered in some detail in the help files in VPC 2004.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/pbtskInstallingMicrosoftLoopbackAdapter.asp

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE
    Paul Lynch, Jan 20, 2004
  7. Louis Patterson

    ADRENALINE Guest

    How can i study on RAID hdd's using virtual pc?
    can it treat the partitions as 2 same hdd's,thus allowing me to RAID?

    ADRENALINE, Jan 21, 2004
  8. Louis Patterson

    ADRENALINE Guest

    This is important:
    Vmware has disabling VMware's own DHCP and NAT service option. i didnt see
    such option in Virtual PC.Might this cause lots of problems like the
    virtual client xp machine ,not seeing the DHCP server of the virtual server
    machine? Please, somebody with knowledge of Virtual PC, reply me. This will
    make my decision either to use Virtual pc or do i need 2x priced Vmware just
    because it has disabling DHCP server and NAT service options..

    ADRENALINE, Jan 21, 2004