    Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    on the news sites. ?!?

    willy
    WeeWillyWonka, Jun 26, 2004

  2. WeeWillyWonka

    T A R T Guest

    "WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    > Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    > on the news sites. ?!?
    >
    > willy

    I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.
    T A R T, Jun 26, 2004

  3. WeeWillyWonka

    Peter Guest

    www.microsoft.com opens fine from here
    Peter, Jun 26, 2004
  4. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:34:16 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    >> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    >> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    >> on the news sites. ?!?

    >I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

    You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...

    willy
    WeeWillyWonka, Jun 26, 2004
  5. WeeWillyWonka

    > On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:34:16 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    > >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    > >> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    > >> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    > >> on the news sites. ?!?

    > >I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

    > You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...
    >
    > willy

    I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.
    T A R T, Jun 26, 2004
  6. WeeWillyWonka

    Alister F Guest

    (WeeWillyWonka) wrote in news:40ddf839.3934830
    @news.iconz.co.nz:

    > All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    > Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    > on the news sites. ?!?
    >
    > willy

    Not with me they haven't (iHug Ultra)
    Alister F, Jun 26, 2004
  7. WeeWillyWonka wrote:

    > All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    > Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    > on the news sites. ?!?
    >
    > willy

    Nope, they're still there. But there is a worm going around which
    affects IIS and IE. Maybe they've turned off those pages for people
    using IE.
    Bill E. Goat Gruff III, Jun 27, 2004
  8. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:44:15 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:34:16 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    >> >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

    >> You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...

    >I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.

    Well I have tried repeatedly for a few hours -- out of interest, not
    because of any content, mind you. For me, anyway, all the MS sites
    have vanished, but all non-MS sites are there as normal. Still that
    way now. Oh well, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to
    sit tight and see what eventuates. Thanks.

    willy
    WeeWillyWonka, Jun 27, 2004
  9. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:04:39 +1200, "Bill E. Goat Gruff III"
    <> wrote:
    >Nope, they're still there. But there is a worm going around which
    >affects IIS and IE. Maybe they've turned off those pages for people
    >using IE.

    My dear sir, how scornful of you. I use Mozilla and Opera, of course.
    Of course!

    willy
    WeeWillyWonka, Jun 27, 2004
  10. WeeWillyWonka

    brazen Guest

    > On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:44:15 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    > >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message

    > >> You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...

    > >I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.

    > Well I have tried repeatedly for a few hours -- out of interest, not
    > because of any content, mind you. For me, anyway, all the MS sites
    > have vanished, but all non-MS sites are there as normal. Still that
    > way now. Oh well, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to
    > sit tight and see what eventuates. Thanks.

    it may a problem with your isp, try iconz
    brazen, Jun 27, 2004
  11. WeeWillyWonka

    Kerry Guest

    > Well I have tried repeatedly for a few hours -- out of interest, not
    > because of any content, mind you. For me, anyway, all the MS sites
    > have vanished, but all non-MS sites are there as normal. Still that
    > way now. Oh well, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to
    > sit tight and see what eventuates. Thanks.

    What a fucking wanker - "not because of any content" - you must be blind.
    Kerry, Jun 27, 2004
  12. WeeWillyWonka

    Enkidu Guest

    <> wrote:

    >WeeWillyWonka wrote:
    >
    >> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    >> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    >> on the news sites. ?!?
    >>
    >> willy

    >Nope, they're still there. But there is a worm going around which
    >affects IIS and IE. Maybe they've turned off those pages for people
    >using IE.

    They are there for me using IE, Paradise Jetstream.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jun 27, 2004
  13. WeeWillyWonka

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:08:13 GMT, (WeeWillyWonka)
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:44:15 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    >>"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message

    >>> You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...

    >>I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.

    >Well I have tried repeatedly for a few hours -- out of interest, not
    >because of any content, mind you. For me, anyway, all the MS sites
    >have vanished, but all non-MS sites are there as normal. Still that
    >way now. Oh well, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to
    >sit tight and see what eventuates. Thanks.

    What did you change? It looks like it is at your end.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jun 27, 2004
  14. WeeWillyWonka

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    > Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    > on the news sites. ?!?
    >
    > willy

    Virus - which you could well have.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jun 27, 2004
  15. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:44:15 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:34:16 +1000, "T A R T" <> wrote:
    >> >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

    >> You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...
    >>

    >I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.

    As an update, the Microsoft sites are all available again. Came back
    around Noon. Had been unavailable for at least 6 hours prior to that.
    I did a virus check and found nothing. All very mysterious, but done
    now. Just one of those things, I guess -- until it happens again.

    willy
    WeeWillyWonka, Jun 27, 2004
  16. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:32:03 +1200, "Kerry" <>
    wrote:
    >"WeeWillyWonka" <> wrote in message
    >> Well I have tried repeatedly for a few hours -- out of interest, not
    >> because of any content, mind you. For me, anyway, all the MS sites
    >> have vanished, but all non-MS sites are there as normal. Still that
    >> way now. Oh well, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to
    >> sit tight and see what eventuates. Thanks.

    >What a fucking wanker - "not because of any content" - you must be blind.

    Commentary from the local "undead" resident of nz.general.

    willy
    WeeWillyWonka, Jun 27, 2004
  17. WeeWillyWonka

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:20:38 +0000, WeeWillyWonka wrote:

    > My dear sir, how scornful of you. I use Mozilla and Opera, of course.
    > Of course!
    >
    > willy

    Thought of trying the lite version, Firefox? ;-)
    Gordon, Jun 27, 2004
  18. (WeeWillyWonka) wailed:
    > All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
    > Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
    > on the news sites. ?!?

    They were on & off all weekend ...
    given the current virus/worm/trojan situation
    the only surprising thing is how they keep
    limping back for more. Only the teenagers in
    this house get upset
    J.Random Luser, Jun 27, 2004