    just go to the site and the Checking for the latest updates for your
    computer... never stops.

    What could be wrong?
    Neal, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Actually the Windows XP Pro x64 trial is 120 days. Which versions of
    Internet Explorer are you accessing the updates from, 32-bit or 64-bit? You
    can try other avenues such as enabling Automatic Updates (Control Panel
    System> Automatic Updates > select "Automatic Updates (recommended)" > OK)

    Also, empty your temporary internet files folder and try to run the update
    again.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 23, 2005

  3. Microsoft Update needs to install 32bit ActiveX controls on your computer
    and that requires accessing the site with the 32bit version of IE. You can
    get there with the 64bit version but you cannot use the site with it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Found the problem. It was the Nvida firewall software. I did a fresh
    install because of some other problems I had and now that I tool that off it
    works great.

    Neal, Jul 25, 2005