    louie Guest

    This has been taken off Amazon's pre-order list, does anyone know if this
    book is still going to be published or has it been scrapped?
    louie, Sep 16, 2007

  2. louie

    Luc Guest

    Hi Louie,

    This training kit still appears at Amazon UK as to be released "soon"....

    like you I would appreciate knowing if this training kit will be published,
    and if yes, get an estimate for the release...

    So if by chance anybody at MS Press see this, please let us know.

    Luc
    MCTS - Business Intelligence Developer

    Luc, Nov 23, 2007

  3. louie

    louie Guest

    Since raising the issue this useful blogg has appeared

    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/greenmtnsun/default.aspx

    louie, Nov 24, 2007
  4. louie

    Luc Guest

    Thanks, at least I know I can focus on something else for a while...

    I will reforward this link to Amazon UK so they too withdraw this book from
    offer.

    Would you hear of any further development, would you please post your
    findings on this thread? I'll do the same from my side.

    Luc, Nov 24, 2007
  5. louie

    louie Guest

    Hi Luc,

    I will do, the feedback I have seen is people have found 70-445 much harder
    than 70-446, as you have passed 70-445, maybe take 70-446 without the
    training guide.

    You could purchase Transcender exam preparation questions to confirm you are
    at the right level, and if you have issues the answers will direct you to the
    appropriate MSDN articles. I took this approach for 70-441, with success,
    before the training guide came out (used measureup tests but transcender seem
    to be the only quality provider with 70-446 exams).

    In the meantime I will study for 70-445, having bought the training guide.

    Good Luck

    Louie

    MCPD Ent, Web, Win
    MCITP db admin, db dev

    louie, Nov 25, 2007
  6. louie

    Luc Guest

    Thanks for the tips.

    Even if a bit out of topic here, if taking 70-445 at a Prometric center, let
    me advise you to go also for the extra cost cost of Transcender exam prep: I
    found the question coming with the training kit totally unrealistic compared
    to the ones I got when taking the exam. Transcender questions look much more
    like the ones you could get.

    If you want to discuss any 70-445 topic, do not hesitate to send me a mail
    at .

    Good luck to you too.
    --
    Luc Magnee
    MCTS - Business Intelligence Developer

    Luc, Nov 25, 2007
  7. louie

    Peter Rijs Guest

    > I will do, the feedback I have seen is people have found 70-445 much harder
    > than 70-446, as you have passed 70-445, maybe take 70-446 without the
    > training guide.

    I totally agree, done both on the same day, only prepared for 70-445.
    Did some courses last year, and have been working with SSAS and SSIS ever
    since. The training kit for 445 will give you enough preparation on areas you
    aren't experienced in, IMHO.

    I also received word that the training kit for 446 will never be released.

    Good luck!

    Peter Rijs
    MCITP BI dev & DB dev, MCSD.Net
    Peter Rijs, Nov 27, 2007
  8. louie

    J Stachniak Guest

    > I totally agree, done both on the same day, only prepared for 70-445.
    > Did some courses last year, and have been working with SSAS and SSIS ever
    > since. The training kit for 445 will give you enough preparation on areas you
    > aren't experienced in, IMHO.
    >
    > I also received word that the training kit for 446 will never be released.

    Peter, do you know the reason why 446 is being held up? Also, did you find
    the exam prep questions in the 445 kit true to the same level as the actual
    exam Q's? I am almost exclusively using the 445 kit and BOL to study for the
    exam but wondering if additional supplements are needed.

    Also, for those who have done it, does studying for 445 prep you enough for
    446?

    Thanks,

    Jonathan
    J Stachniak, Dec 9, 2007
  9. louie

    Luc Guest

    Hi Jonathan,

    > Also, did you find the exam prep questions in the 445 kit true to the same level as
    > the actual exam Q's?

    As I said to Louie above, I took the 445 at a Prometric center and foud that
    compared to those of the real exam the Q's of the training kit are totally
    unrealistic.

    A much higher quality exam prep is the one from Transcender, at an extra
    cost of $150.

    As far as I know, Transcender is also the only one to propose an exam prep
    for 446.
    --
    Luc Magnee

    Luc, Dec 9, 2007
  10. louie

    Peter Rijs Guest

    "J Stachniak" wrote:
    > Peter, do you know the reason why 446 is being held up?

    I do not have inside information on this subject, but in another forum the
    common opinion was that it will be released once 70-446 is updated to SQL
    2008.

    > Also, did you find the exam prep questions in the 445 kit true to the same level as
    > the actual exam Q's? I am almost exclusively using the 445 kit and BOL to study
    > for the exam but wondering if additional supplements are needed.

    As I only used the TK questions to see what areas I needed improvement in,
    I'm not quite sure on this. I think Luc is right that the real exam questions
    are much more into detail than the TK questions are.

    > Also, for those who have done it, does studying for 445 prep you enough for
    > 446?

    Yes :)
    445 is more detailed and administration oriented, where as 446 is case-based
    and more developer oriented, imho.

    Peter Rijs
    MCITP Business Intelligence Developer & Database Developer, MCSD.Net
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Peter Rijs, Dec 9, 2007
  11. louie

    J Stachniak Guest

    Thanks for the feedback!

    Jonathan
    J Stachniak, Dec 11, 2007
  12. louie

    Jorg Guest

    "louie" wrote:

    > Hi Luc,
    >
    > I will do, the feedback I have seen is people have found 70-445 much harder
    > than 70-446, as you have passed 70-445, maybe take 70-446 without the
    > training guide.
    >
    > You could purchase Transcender exam preparation questions to confirm you are
    > at the right level, and if you have issues the answers will direct you to the
    > appropriate MSDN articles. I took this approach for 70-441, with success,
    > before the training guide came out (used measureup tests but transcender seem
    > to be the only quality provider with 70-446 exams).
    >
    > In the meantime I will study for 70-445, having bought the training guide.
    >
    > Good Luck
    >
    > Louie
    >
    > MCPD Ent, Web, Win
    > MCITP db admin, db dev
    >
    > "Luc" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks, at least I know I can focus on something else for a while...
    > >
    > > I will reforward this link to Amazon UK so they too withdraw this book from
    > > offer.
    > >
    > > Would you hear of any further development, would you please post your
    > > findings on this thread? I'll do the same from my side.
    > >
    > > Luc
    > > MCTS - Business Intelligence Developer
    > >

    > > "louie" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Since raising the issue this useful blogg has appeared
    > > >
    > > > http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/greenmtnsun/default.aspx

    If you are still learning for the 70-445 exam, I might have some tips for
    you. I recently wrote a blog about the exam. You can find it here:

    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/jorg/...D00_-I-passed-the-70_2D00_445-exam_2100_.aspx

    Good luck!
    Jorg, Dec 18, 2007