  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

    By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT

    It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to succeed.
    Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for an "advertising framework"
    that uses "context data" from your hard drive to show you advertisements
    and "apportion and credit advertising revenue" to ad suppliers in real
    time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother of all adware.

    http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
    http://www.ubuntu.com

    Au79, Oct 16, 2007

  2. Au79

    thanatoid Guest

    Au79 <> wrote in
    news:BaYQi.341074$:

    > Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems
    >
    > By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT
    >
    > It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to
    > succeed. Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for
    > an "advertising framework" that uses "context data" from
    > your hard drive to show you advertisements and "apportion
    > and credit advertising revenue" to ad suppliers in real
    > time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother of
    > all adware.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

    MS = Mothers'o'Spyware?
    :)

    --
    Waiting for the day when it is illegal to use anything but Vista
    on any computer in the world.

    thanatoid, Oct 16, 2007

  3. Au79

    Tony Guest

    Micro Snatch

    Regards Tony

    Tony, Oct 16, 2007
  4. Au79

    Guest

    Au79 <> wrote:

    >Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems
    >
    >By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT
    >
    >It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to succeed.
    >Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for an "advertising framework"
    >that uses "context data" from your hard drive to show you advertisements
    >and "apportion and credit advertising revenue" to ad suppliers in real
    >time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother of all adware.
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

    Scary and sad, I would expect them to give me a free computer, that's
    what companies used to do, when force feeding you advertising.

    --

    __\o/__: 1, ___/\___: 0

    www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10470196
    (stolen from fark.com)

    , Oct 16, 2007
  5. Au79 wrote:

    > Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems
    >
    > By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT
    >
    > It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to succeed.
    > Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for an "advertising
    > framework" that uses "context data" from your hard drive to show you
    > advertisements and "apportion and credit advertising revenue" to ad
    > suppliers in real time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother
    > of all adware.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

    And Google didn't file a complaint yet?

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 19, 2007