    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/08/0119253&from=rss
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607...Ip7roidcYMjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

    -- Imhotep

    imhotep, Jun 8, 2006

  2. "imhotep" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Funny how the infamous EULA does not specify this? Isn't it?
    >
    > "Microsoft Corp. acknowledged Wednesday that it needs to better inform
    > users

    . . .

    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/08/0119253&from=rss
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_monitoring_piracy;_ylt=AujEpciXDaznfIp7roidcYMjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM> -- Imhotep>All the same, more people should read their EULA.txt agreement.I recall some universities that deeply deliberated over the internetservicing related clauses when they first appeared with XP . . .--ra

    Roger Abell [MVP], Jun 8, 2006

  3. imhotep

    imhotep Guest

    Roger Abell [MVP] wrote:

    > "imhotep" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Funny how the infamous EULA does not specify this? Isn't it?
    >>
    >> "Microsoft Corp. acknowledged Wednesday that it needs to better inform
    >> users

    > . . .
    >
    > http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/08/0119253&from=rss

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_monitoring_piracy;_ylt=AujEpciXDaznfIp7roidcYMjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM>
    > -- Imhotep>All the same, more people should read their EULA.txt
    > agreement.I recall some universities that deeply deliberated over the
    > internetservicing related clauses when they first appeared with XP . .
    > .--ra

    True. Microsoft get's away with alot of stuff be cause most people do not
    read that stupid thing....

    anyway...

    Imhotep

    imhotep, Jun 8, 2006
  4. imhotep

    Henry Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:46:37 -0400, imhotep <>
    wrote:

    >Roger Abell [MVP] wrote:
    >
    >> "imhotep" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Funny how the infamous EULA does not specify this? Isn't it?
    >>>
    >>> "Microsoft Corp. acknowledged Wednesday that it needs to better inform
    >>> users

    >> . . .
    >>
    >> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/08/0119253&from=rss
    >>

    >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_monitoring_piracy;_ylt=AujEpciXDaznfIp7roidcYMjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM>
    >> -- Imhotep>All the same, more people should read their EULA.txt
    >> agreement.I recall some universities that deeply deliberated over the
    >> internetservicing related clauses when they first appeared with XP . .
    >> .--ra

    >True. Microsoft get's away with alot of stuff be cause most people do not
    >read that stupid thing....
    >
    >anyway...
    >
    >Imhotep

    Does anyone know what microsoft site it hooks up to? I don't have the
    problem so I can't check, but I have friends who may want to add it to
    their hosts file.

    Henry

    Henry, Jun 9, 2006
  5. imhotep

    imhotep Guest

    Henry wrote:

    > On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:46:37 -0400, imhotep <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Roger Abell [MVP] wrote:
    >>
    >>> "imhotep" <> wrote in message

    >>> . . .
    >>>
    >>> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/08/0119253&from=rss
    >>>

    >>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_monitoring_piracy;_ylt=AujEpciXDaznfIp7roidcYMjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM>
    >>> -- Imhotep>All the same, more people should read their EULA.txt
    >>> agreement.I recall some universities that deeply deliberated over the
    >>> internetservicing related clauses when they first appeared with XP . .
    >>> .--ra

    >>True. Microsoft get's away with alot of stuff be cause most people do not
    >>read that stupid thing....
    >>
    >>anyway...
    >>
    >>Imhotep

    > Does anyone know what microsoft site it hooks up to? I don't have the
    > problem so I can't check, but I have friends who may want to add it to
    > their hosts file.
    >
    > Henry

    ....use a network sniffer

    --
    *************************************
    Pass a Net Neutrality Law in the US!!!!

    Save the Internet:
    http://www.savetheinternet.com/

    Its our net:
    http://www.itsournet.org/

    *************************************

    imhotep, Jun 13, 2006
  6. imhotep

    Henry Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:30:57 -0400, imhotep <>
    wrote:

    >Henry wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:46:37 -0400, imhotep <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_monitoring_piracy;_ylt=AujEpciXDaznfIp7roidcYMjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM>
    >>>
    >>>True. Microsoft get's away with alot of stuff be cause most people do not
    >>>read that stupid thing....
    >>>
    >>>anyway...
    >>>
    >>>Imhotep

    >> Does anyone know what microsoft site it hooks up to? I don't have the
    >> problem so I can't check, but I have friends who may want to add it to
    >> their hosts file.
    >>
    >> Henry

    >...use a network sniffer

    Thank you for your reply,
    but since I don't have the problem, I don't hook up, nor am I living
    near those who might need the info.

    Regards,
    Henry

    Henry, Jun 13, 2006