  1. Has anyone used Micrsoft support? I know its $32 an e-mail or $32 a phone
    call. Are they helpful? If they don't fix my problem am I still charged the
    $32? Let me know. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?QUNFUkZFUlJBUkk=?=, Jun 27, 2006

  2. What is your problem? Some support, such as for updates and hotfixes, are
    free. If PSS determines that the problem is caused by a Microsoft product
    you will not be charged either.

    I have never had an issue that PSS was not able to help me with to my
    satisfaction. I have used PSS dozens of times over the years, but x64 has
    been so stable that I have not had to get support from the OEM for my box or
    call PSS for paid service.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 27, 2006

  3. Here's my problem:

    I just bought the ACER Ferrari 4000, which has the Xp 64

    I use Outlook and have custom forms for a set of contacts

    When I go to install the xprint add in plug in, it won't install, it says
    that it is not compatible with the 64 bit, and to contact the
    vendor(microsoft)

    Without this plug in, all my contacts are useless, because they will not
    open properly.

    If you use Outlook and have the xp64, try to install this add in and let me
    know if it works for you, or what I need to do for it to work for me.

    here's the link for the download (microsoft site)
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/0/bb0a50ee-f0d3-4a0b-8279-37182915ebf6/setupex.exe

    The other option for me is to spend 12-15 hours converting these custom
    contacts into another custom form without the xprint add in (which I would
    like to keep).

    =?Utf-8?B?QUNFUkZFUlJBUkk=?=, Jun 27, 2006
  4. I have no intention of trying to install something from a link in your post.
    But if it doesn't install, then you'll likely have to bite the bullet and
    convert your forms.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2006
  5. You would think Microsoft would create a program that will run in x64, its a
    simple add in for Outlook.

    =?Utf-8?B?QUNFUkZFUlJBUkk=?=, Jun 27, 2006
  6. Outlook is 32bit. At least until Office 2007.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 27, 2006
  7. realistically, the add-in was created well before x64 was available. And, as
    I'm sure you're aware, there are very different teams involved in different
    areas of Microsoft.

    Outlook is 32-bit. I honestly don't know what the problem is with the
    add-in, but if it behaves as a printer driver, then it has to be rewritten
    for x64.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2006
  8. Realisticly, would they re-write this add-in?

    =?Utf-8?B?QUNFUkZFUlJBUkk=?=, Jun 27, 2006
  9. doubtful. At this point, their resources are focused on Office 2k7, and
    that's a very different product. I'd be surprised if there were any cycles
    available for this free add-on.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64