    Our legal people have asked me to tell you that this posting is provided "AS
    IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. I'm pretty sure it also
    confers no wrongs but I'd need to check with them.
    Brett Roberts, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Brett Roberts

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:25:42 +1300, "Brett Roberts"
    <> wrote:

    >I recently received some very positive feedback from local resellers on
    >these support newsgroups (which cover everything from Windows Server 2003 to
    >Pocket PC to Office to Zoo Tycoon) so thought I should share the link:
    >
    >http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/
    >
    >Brett Roberts
    >Microsoft NZ

    Thanks I quite like to lurk in the

    news://msnews.microsoft.com groups too

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Brett Roberts

    Enkidu Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I recently received some very positive feedback from local resellers on
    >these support newsgroups (which cover everything from Windows Server 2003 to
    >Pocket PC to Office to Zoo Tycoon) so thought I should share the link:
    >
    >http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

    Brett, many local ISP carry these groups. It would probably be better
    for people in NZ to try the news servers of their ISPs first.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.
    Enkidu, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Brett Roberts

    Keith Guest

    Enkidu <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:25:42 +1300, "Brett Roberts"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I recently received some very positive feedback from local resellers on
    >>these support newsgroups (which cover everything from Windows Server 2003 to
    >>Pocket PC to Office to Zoo Tycoon) so thought I should share the link:
    >>
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/
    >>

    >Brett, many local ISP carry these groups. It would probably be better
    >for people in NZ to try the news servers of their ISPs first.

    Except.....

    The microsoft.public.* groups originate on an MS news server
    msnews.microsoft.com. People can either use the Web interface mentioned
    above or point the news client directly at it. The news groups propagate
    out onto Usenet and some ISPs pick them up.

    I said "Except...." above because sometime MS does a bit of a reshuffle
    and drops newsgroups. These orphan groups then only exist on Usenet and
    the MVP boffins who hang out on the MS server never see peoples posts.
    A classic example is m.p.word.general which I don't think exists in the
    "official" MS hierarchy any more.
    Keith, Nov 20, 2003