    books published by the publisher Sybex are pretty good.
    Can someone experienced give me a tip or two? It will be
    greatly appreciated!
    Dave, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Dave

    Jim Guest

    If you are interested in taking the C# exams I recommend
    purchasing the Microsoft .NET Core Requirements pacakage.
    I have 4 ok books on the material from the test. The good
    thing is everything in these books could be on the test.
    I am a recent certified MCAD and studying for my MCSD and
    I found this set to be useful.

    With that said I must admit the best book out there for
    ASP .NET is ASP .NET Unleashed. what a great book.
    Second Professionl CD# 2nd edition is good also, it has
    more information on Assemblies than any book I have
    found. Lastly, the .NET Web Services Architecture and
    implementation by Andrew Layman is a great book on web
    services.

    I know I gave you more than you needed, but I have all the
    above books. The exams are difficult if you have no
    experience in .net.

    Jim

    that

    Jim, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Dave

    UAError Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I'm just starting to study for the MCSD exams. Microsoft
    >Press has official training guides published for these
    >exams, but I'm wondering if books published by other
    >publishers would be better. I heard from a co-worker that
    >books published by the publisher Sybex are pretty good.
    >Can someone experienced give me a tip or two? It will be
    >greatly appreciated!

    (Assuming MSCD.NET here)

    Some people like the Microsoft Guides - others will tell you
    that they are totally inadequate.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735619271
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735619263
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735615861
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735618941

    I'm having a good experience with Amit Kalani's Training Guides:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...VJ0RA1Q8QCK8/ref=cm_bg_lm/103-9037164-2087023
    http://www.amitkalani.com

    If you have an extensive .NET background you may want to stick with his
    ExamCram versions of the Training Guides.

    Don't waste your time with the PrepLogic exams that come with the books.

    You may also want to browse through one of my earlier posts for additional information:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    UAError, Feb 18, 2004