Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Fred Dagg, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Fred Dagg, Mar 9, 2006

  2. T'was the Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:39:07 +1300 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    <> saying something like this:

    >Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    You're not going to become the Microsoft version of Cup of Tea are ya?
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:11:23 +1300, Waylon Kenning
    <> exclaimed:

    >T'was the Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:39:07 +1300 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    ><> saying something like this:
    >
    >>Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    >You're not going to become the Microsoft version of Cup of Tea are ya?

    ;-)

    Fred Dagg, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Fred Dagg

    thing2 Guest

    Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in theworld (not)

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > http://www.microsoft.com
    > eg: http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39150831,00.htm
    >

    > Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    Every Government? here we have just 2 departments and that is for XP.

    Aiming to become a MS employee are we? hoping for a job in the PR dept?

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Fred Dagg

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:39:07 +1300 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    > <> saying something like this:
    >

    >>Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    > You're not going to become the Microsoft version of Cup of Tea are ya?
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.
    > See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

    heh, at least cup of tea's comments are based on some sort of reality.

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Fred Dagg

    AD. Guest

    Why is it also good for (non MS) commercial software?

    Or does 'commercial software' basically now just mean 'MS' these days?
    Wouldn't that be a bad thing for commercial software?

    Actually why is it good news for MS? Presumably because the government
    depts are now trumpeting the savings on their MS software, wouldn't
    that mean MS is actually getting less money now?

    It sounds like your only reason to be happy is that those dirty open
    source commies have been kept at bay for another couple of years in
    some UK govt depts. Why would you even care what some UK govt depts
    use?

    You really are as idiotic as teacup.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Mar 9, 2006
  7. Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world (not)

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:14:40 +1300, thing2 wrote:

    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com
    >> eg: http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39150831,00.htm
    >>

    >> Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    > Every Government? here we have just 2 departments and that is for XP.
    >
    > Aiming to become a MS employee are we? hoping for a job in the PR dept?

    Before too long wanting to be employed by Micro$oft will be like wanting
    to be employed by SCO.

    Did you know that the longest serving board member for SCO/Caldera has
    only been on the board since 1998, and that a majority of board members
    and senior employees are replacements within the last 3-4 years?

    SCO is in the process of suing itself out of existence.

    Here's a question:

    What good purpose is there for a large monopolistic multinational
    corporation to register more than 5000 mostly software patents within the
    last eight years?

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Every major worm other than the original Morris Worm from 1988 has leveraged
    a hole in Microsoft products.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 9, 2006
  8. On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:15:25 +1300, thing2 wrote:

    > Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >> T'was the Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:39:07 +1300 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    >> <> saying something like this:
    >>

    >>>Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    >> You're not going to become the Microsoft version of Cup of Tea are ya?
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Waylon Kenning.
    >> See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

    > heh, at least cup of tea's comments are based on some sort of reality.

    Those new reduced prices for Micro$oft products will become the expected
    normal price for Micro$oft software.

    Meanwhile Open Source software across the board will continue to rapidly
    improve, and at a pace that Micro$oft cannot even hope to match.

    Just like Micro$oft released M$ Internet Explorer into the Browser market
    as a free piece of software for Unix, the Mac and for M$ Windows, thereby
    killing the market for browsers, Linux and Open Office, and Firefox, and
    KDE/Gnome - all high quality examples of Free and Open Source software -
    will kill the market for M$ Windows, M$ Office, and M$ Internet Explorer.
    And Open Exchange is rapidly moving towards a condition where it will
    become a serious threat to M$ Exchange.

    Unless there are hideously unbelievable mistakes on the part of the
    creators of Free and Open Source software the future of Open software and
    Open standards is bright and breezy.

    The bottom line is: Micro$oft is a dead and bankrupt corporation. It's
    just that the body of the dinosaur is still twitchin... err... "innovating".

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    "Microsoft don't need any moral right to be a hypocrite. It's an oxymoron.
    They will do what they can get away with. Of course this makes it difficult

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 9, 2006
  9. Fred Dagg

    Mutlley Guest

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:15:25 +1300, thing2 wrote:

    >Those new reduced prices for Micro$oft products will become the expected
    >normal price for Micro$oft software.
    >
    >Meanwhile Open Source software across the board will continue to rapidly
    >improve, and at a pace that Micro$oft cannot even hope to match.
    >

    >Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Anyone take a bet that MS will run off to the US congress to get OSS
    banned as it's un american??

    Mutlley, Mar 10, 2006
  10. On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:20:14 +1300, Mutlley wrote:

    > Anyone take a bet that MS will run off to the US congress to get OSS
    > banned as it's un american??

    They've already tried FUDDing it as "a cancer" and "un-American". Both
    descriptions according to Micro$oft's own internal research have backfired
    bigtime!

    http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween7.html

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 10, 2006
  11. Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world (not)

    T'was the Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:20:46 +1300 when I remembered Have A
    Nice Cup of Tea <> saying something like this:

    >What good purpose is there for a large monopolistic multinational
    >corporation to register more than 5000 mostly software patents within the
    >last eight years?

    I dunno, ask IBM? ;)
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 10, 2006
  12. Fred Dagg

    RJ Guest

    In article <>, y
    says...
    > Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > > T'was the Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:39:07 +1300 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    > > <> saying something like this:
    > >

    > >>Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    > > You're not going to become the Microsoft version of Cup of Tea are ya?
    > > --
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Waylon Kenning.
    > > See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

    > heh, at least cup of tea's comments are based on some sort of reality.

    Not one that resembles anyone else's.

    RJ, Mar 10, 2006
  13. Fred Dagg

    RJ Guest

    Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world (not)

    In article <>,
    says...
    > T'was the Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:20:46 +1300 when I remembered Have A
    > Nice Cup of Tea <> saying something like this:
    >
    > >What good purpose is there for a large monopolistic multinational
    > >corporation to register more than 5000 mostly software patents within the
    > >last eight years?

    > I dunno, ask IBM? ;)

    You can't say that about IBM, after all, they are doing all that Linux
    stuff purely for philanthropical reasons aren't they. It wouldn't ever
    be to have about their tenth go at getting back control of the personal
    computer market, eh.
    LOL

    RJ, Mar 10, 2006
  14. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 9 Mar 2006 15:03:51 -0800, "AD." <> exclaimed:

    >Why is it also good for (non MS) commercial software?
    >
    >Or does 'commercial software' basically now just mean 'MS' these days?
    >Wouldn't that be a bad thing for commercial software?
    >
    >Actually why is it good news for MS? Presumably because the government
    >depts are now trumpeting the savings on their MS software, wouldn't
    >that mean MS is actually getting less money now?
    >
    >It sounds like your only reason to be happy is that those dirty open
    >source commies have been kept at bay for another couple of years in
    >some UK govt depts. Why would you even care what some UK govt depts
    >use?
    >
    >You really are as idiotic as teacup.

    Yeah, um, this was actually a parody of Teacup's thread entitled
    "Novell stitches up Linux deal with NSW Government"...

    Fred Dagg, Mar 10, 2006
  15. Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world (not)

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:25:42 +1300, RJ wrote:

    > It wouldn't ever be
    > to have about their tenth go at getting back control of the personal
    > computer market, eh.

    No - it wouldn't.

    After all:
    1/ IBM does not control Linux. And,
    2/ IBM has sold its PC manufacturing business.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 11, 2006
  16. Fred Dagg

    RJ Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:15:25 +1300, thing2 wrote:
    >
    > > Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > >> T'was the Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:39:07 +1300 when I remembered Fred Dagg
    > >> <> saying something like this:

    > >> You're not going to become the Microsoft version of Cup of Tea are ya?
    > >> --
    > >> Cheers,
    > >>
    > >> Waylon Kenning.
    > >> See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

    > > heh, at least cup of tea's comments are based on some sort of reality.

    > Those new reduced prices for Micro$oft products will become the expected
    > normal price for Micro$oft software.
    >
    > Meanwhile Open Source software across the board will continue to rapidly
    > improve, and at a pace that Micro$oft cannot even hope to match.

    What kind of mind altering drug are you currently taking?

    > Just like Micro$oft released M$ Internet Explorer into the Browser market
    > as a free piece of software for Unix, the Mac and for M$ Windows, thereby
    > killing the market for browsers, Linux and Open Office, and Firefox, and
    > KDE/Gnome - all high quality examples of Free and Open Source software -
    > will kill the market for M$ Windows, M$ Office, and M$ Internet Explorer.

    Fat chance of that. Their share of the market is pathetically small
    after years of development.

    > And Open Exchange is rapidly moving towards a condition where it will
    > become a serious threat to M$ Exchange.
    >
    > Unless there are hideously unbelievable mistakes on the part of the
    > creators of Free and Open Source software the future of Open software and
    > Open standards is bright and breezy.
    >
    > The bottom line is: Micro$oft is a dead and bankrupt corporation. It's
    > just that the body of the dinosaur is still twitchin... err... "innovating".

    Your claims bear little resemblance to reality.

    RJ, Mar 11, 2006
  17. Fred Dagg

    RJ Guest

    Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world (not)

    In article <>, says...
    > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:25:42 +1300, RJ wrote:
    >
    > > It wouldn't ever be
    > > to have about their tenth go at getting back control of the personal
    > > computer market, eh.

    > No - it wouldn't.
    >
    > After all:
    > 1/ IBM does not control Linux. And,

    Linux is only a tool. A means to an end.

    > 2/ IBM has sold its PC manufacturing business.

    Which is irrelevant. They haven't made a major contribution to PC
    hardware for years. Hardware is irrelevant.

    From the continued successes of Microsoft and your frequent puerile
    rantings about OSS we can see that software is where the money is.

    RJ, Mar 11, 2006
  18. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world (not)

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:14:40 +1300, thing2 <>
    exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com
    >> eg: http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39150831,00.htm
    >>

    >> Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    >Every Government? here we have just 2 departments and that is for XP.
    >
    >Aiming to become a MS employee are we? hoping for a job in the PR dept?

    Geez, some of you guys crack me up.

    It was a PARODY!!

    Take a look at Bling-Bling's thread entitled "Novell stitches up Linux
    deal with NSW Government" which, interestingly, did not provoke the
    same responses, even though it was equally as stupid.

    Fred Dagg, Mar 11, 2006
  19. Fred Dagg

    RJ Guest

    Re: Microsoft stitches up Windows deal with every government in the world (not)

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:14:40 +1300, thing2 <>
    > exclaimed:
    >
    > >Fred Dagg wrote:
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com
    > >> eg: http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39150831,00.htm
    > >>

    > >> Good news for Microsoft and for Commercial Software.

    > >Every Government? here we have just 2 departments and that is for XP.
    > >
    > >Aiming to become a MS employee are we? hoping for a job in the PR dept?
    > >

    > Geez, some of you guys crack me up.
    >
    > It was a PARODY!!
    >
    > Take a look at Bling-Bling's thread entitled "Novell stitches up Linux
    > deal with NSW Government" which, interestingly, did not provoke the
    > same responses, even though it was equally as stupid.

    None of those Linuxheads has any sense of humour. They are all grim
    faced toads.

    RJ, Mar 11, 2006
  20. Fred Dagg

    shannon Guest

    RJ wrote:

    > None of those Linuxheads has any sense of humour. They are all grim
    > faced toads.

    Dunford (no SOH fuckwit) nymshifting agaian eh ?

    <plonk>

    shannon, Mar 11, 2006