Microsoft still won't give me my MCSE??

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. Hi there,

    This is the 2nd post I've put into this forum, unfortunately Im getting
    desperate as I'm having absolutely no luck out of our MS Regional support
    centre...

    In February I passed all exams required for the MCSE 2003 certification,
    almost 2 months ago I raised it to the regional centre that my online
    transcript had all the correct papers & I had no option to obtain my cert.
    The profile shows me as a 'MCP', it didin't even have my NT4.0 MCSE listed,
    despite having all required exams listed beneath.

    Initially the regional support centre thought that I hadn't completed all
    required exams for my MCSE NT4.0 (which I based up 2003 upgrade on), however
    I pointed out that they were all there in my transcript & that I also had
    been sent a NT4.0 MCSE certificate etc all those years ago.

    They then escallated to another internal team, from there I rang them each
    week without luck, they had apparently not heard back from their peer team
    which I found unacceptable. They have since escallated it again & have told
    me that it is a 'bug' in the system. I have asked the simple question 'can I
    call myself MCSE 2003 or not?' to which I have had no answer.

    I find this incredible that it can take so long to get this resolved, as all
    my exams are listed correctly in my transcript. Especially so after I
    invested so much money & time into passing the exams, I don't think I'll
    bother again. I am now in the process of emigrating to another country & it
    is absolutely key that I get this resolved before I start looking for work
    -hence Im getting desperate.

    Sorry for bleating on about this but Im hoping for any constructive
    suggestions as to how I should go about resolving this. I've been making as
    much noise as I can but so far it hasn't worked.

    Anthony
    =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=, Apr 28, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=

    MitchS Guest

    "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    If you have all the required exams on your transcript, then you have
    completed the requirements. If you need to justify that to an HR person you
    can direct them to the website listing requirements. You can explain that
    you just have not received your certificate yet. I would be 100% sure you
    have met the requirements before you proclaim yourself MCSE2K3 though.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MCNGP XLVIII (Now do the other certs REALLY matter?)
    Stupidity on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    MitchS, Apr 28, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. **MitchS's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    > If you have all the required exams on your transcript, then you have
    > completed the requirements. If you need to justify that to an HR
    > person you can direct them to the website listing requirements. You
    > can explain that you just have not received your certificate yet. I
    > would be 100% sure you have met the requirements before you proclaim
    > yourself MCSE2K3 though.

    I didn't even think about this until I got an e-mail from one of the MS guys I
    have been talking to. Did you know that they have also been investigating all
    the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps? Now, I'm not accusing
    Ashwina here of being an a$$fu©ker, *but* if he/she had asked for dumps at one
    point way-back-when and MS has it noted, they just simply wouldn't send the user
    any certification.

    Ashwina, I'm NOT accusing you of requesting or asking about Br@indumps, only you
    know if you have done that. All just throwing out an *IF* situation there.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP 00110011
    --I like that, kinda has a ring to it!
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 28, 2006
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=

    Grep Guest

    Yeah right. You actually believe this?

    "Did you know that they have also been investigating all
    the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps?"
    Grep, Apr 28, 2006
    #4
  5. Hi Anthony,
    I saw this and passed it on to Keith Loeber, who is the group product
    manager for our certifications. If you are still having problems, please
    contact him at and he will research and try to
    resolve. He'll need an email address he can contact you at, your MCP ID, and
    a brief explanation of that the problem is.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Program Manager for the Microsoft Certified Architect program
    Microsoft Learning

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.



    "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > This is the 2nd post I've put into this forum, unfortunately Im getting
    > desperate as I'm having absolutely no luck out of our MS Regional support
    > centre...
    >
    > In February I passed all exams required for the MCSE 2003 certification,
    > almost 2 months ago I raised it to the regional centre that my online
    > transcript had all the correct papers & I had no option to obtain my cert.
    > The profile shows me as a 'MCP', it didin't even have my NT4.0 MCSE
    > listed,
    > despite having all required exams listed beneath.
    >
    > Initially the regional support centre thought that I hadn't completed all
    > required exams for my MCSE NT4.0 (which I based up 2003 upgrade on),
    > however
    > I pointed out that they were all there in my transcript & that I also had
    > been sent a NT4.0 MCSE certificate etc all those years ago.
    >
    > They then escallated to another internal team, from there I rang them each
    > week without luck, they had apparently not heard back from their peer team
    > which I found unacceptable. They have since escallated it again & have
    > told
    > me that it is a 'bug' in the system. I have asked the simple question
    > 'can I
    > call myself MCSE 2003 or not?' to which I have had no answer.
    >
    > I find this incredible that it can take so long to get this resolved, as
    > all
    > my exams are listed correctly in my transcript. Especially so after I
    > invested so much money & time into passing the exams, I don't think I'll
    > bother again. I am now in the process of emigrating to another country &
    > it
    > is absolutely key that I get this resolved before I start looking for work
    > -hence Im getting desperate.
    >
    > Sorry for bleating on about this but Im hoping for any constructive
    > suggestions as to how I should go about resolving this. I've been making
    > as
    > much noise as I can but so far it hasn't worked.
    >
    > Anthony
    Andy Ruth [MSFT], Apr 28, 2006
    #5
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=

    JaR Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:u3lN9nsaGHA.5088
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > Did you know that they have also been investigating all
    > the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps?


    I can only desperatly hope this is true. However, I'll believe it when I
    see it.

    $Deity knows, there shouldn't need Sherlock Holmes to find transgressors.

    Crap, they can just go through their own newsgroups to find enough to
    keep busy for a decade.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    Remove hat to reply
    There is no pithy saying or song lyric so clever it cannot be clubbed
    into stupidity by endless repetition as a signature. ~Block's Law #1
    JaR, Apr 28, 2006
    #6
  7. << While I was at work, Grep spurted out:
    <<------------------------------------------>>
    > Yeah right. You actually believe this?
    >
    > "Did you know that they have also been investigating all
    > the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps?"
    >

    <8-BALL MAGIC>
    My sources say Yes!
    </8-BALL MAGIC>

    Not at first, but since I've been talking with the guys for sometime now,
    yes...I actually do believe it.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    -- Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend
    yourselves against fresh fruit.
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 28, 2006
    #7
  8. << While I was at work, JaR spurted out:
    <<------------------------------------------>>
    > "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:u3lN9nsaGHA.5088
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Did you know that they have also been investigating all
    >> the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps?

    >
    > I can only desperatly hope this is true. However, I'll believe it
    > when I see it.
    >

    The source I got the information from seems to know what he's talking about.
    I've been talking with the guy for a few weks now and I feel pretty certain the
    the info he's giving me is not false. But yes...it sure would be nice to see
    it.

    > $Deity knows, there shouldn't need Sherlock Holmes to find
    > transgressors.
    >

    Would Columbo do? How about Matlock? Oooo....Chuck Norris as...Walker, Texas
    Ranger!!!!

    > Crap, they can just go through their own newsgroups to find enough to
    > keep busy for a decade.
    >

    Right...

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    -- Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend
    yourselves against fresh fruit.
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 28, 2006
    #8
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=

    JaR Guest

    "Bigus Di©kus" <Bigus Di©kus@¹¥çÇöŽ.©Ÿœ> wrote in
    news::

    > The source I got the information from seems to know what he's talking
    > about. I've been talking with the guy for a few weks now and I feel
    > pretty certain the the info he's giving me is not false. But yes...it
    > sure would be nice to see it.


    They have made noises about this before. Actually went after the guy that
    owned Troytec, but they eventually ended up farting in the wind, as I
    recall. If they are going to do something, they need some visibility so
    the faithful can see their efforts are not in vain.

    I doubt we'll see squat, tough, as it would be tantamount to MS admitting
    that more than half of its "certified proffessionals" are anything but!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    Remove hat to reply
    There is no pithy saying or song lyric so clever it cannot be clubbed
    into stupidity by endless repetition as a signature. ~Block's Law #1
    JaR, Apr 28, 2006
    #9
  10. << While I was at work, JaR spurted out:
    <<------------------------------------------>>
    > "Bigus Di©kus" <Bigus Di©kus@¹¥çÇöZ.©Yo> wrote in
    > news::
    >
    >> The source I got the information from seems to know what he's talking
    >> about. I've been talking with the guy for a few weks now and I feel
    >> pretty certain the the info he's giving me is not false. But
    >> yes...it sure would be nice to see it.

    >
    > They have made noises about this before. Actually went after the guy
    > that owned Troytec, but they eventually ended up farting in the wind,
    > as I recall. If they are going to do something, they need some
    > visibility so the faithful can see their efforts are not in vain.
    >
    > I doubt we'll see squat, tough, as it would be tantamount to MS
    > admitting that more than half of its "certified proffessionals" are
    > anything but!
    >

    I doubt it too. But in talking with the guy, I did raise the point that showing
    that MS is making progress in shutting these people down could also be used as a
    method of preventing future morons from doing the same thing.

    I'm sure this won't go far, but I did suggest that MS dedicate a section of
    their site to the busts they have made, showing the consequences, etc. I can't
    remember how the exact conversation went, right now I'm too overwhelmed with
    work to focus on that, but you get the point.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    -- Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend
    yourselves against fresh fruit.
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 28, 2006
    #10
  11. Hi Andy,

    Thats great, thank you very much for that. Sorry again for having to bring
    this up in the MS learning forum.

    Regards

    Anthony

    "Andy Ruth [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi Anthony,
    > I saw this and passed it on to Keith Loeber, who is the group product
    > manager for our certifications. If you are still having problems, please
    > contact him at and he will research and try to
    > resolve. He'll need an email address he can contact you at, your MCP ID, and
    > a brief explanation of that the problem is.
    >
    > --
    > Andy Ruth
    > Program Manager for the Microsoft Certified Architect program
    > Microsoft Learning
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.
    >
    >
    >
    > "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > This is the 2nd post I've put into this forum, unfortunately Im getting
    > > desperate as I'm having absolutely no luck out of our MS Regional support
    > > centre...
    > >
    > > In February I passed all exams required for the MCSE 2003 certification,
    > > almost 2 months ago I raised it to the regional centre that my online
    > > transcript had all the correct papers & I had no option to obtain my cert.
    > > The profile shows me as a 'MCP', it didin't even have my NT4.0 MCSE
    > > listed,
    > > despite having all required exams listed beneath.
    > >
    > > Initially the regional support centre thought that I hadn't completed all
    > > required exams for my MCSE NT4.0 (which I based up 2003 upgrade on),
    > > however
    > > I pointed out that they were all there in my transcript & that I also had
    > > been sent a NT4.0 MCSE certificate etc all those years ago.
    > >
    > > They then escallated to another internal team, from there I rang them each
    > > week without luck, they had apparently not heard back from their peer team
    > > which I found unacceptable. They have since escallated it again & have
    > > told
    > > me that it is a 'bug' in the system. I have asked the simple question
    > > 'can I
    > > call myself MCSE 2003 or not?' to which I have had no answer.
    > >
    > > I find this incredible that it can take so long to get this resolved, as
    > > all
    > > my exams are listed correctly in my transcript. Especially so after I
    > > invested so much money & time into passing the exams, I don't think I'll
    > > bother again. I am now in the process of emigrating to another country &
    > > it
    > > is absolutely key that I get this resolved before I start looking for work
    > > -hence Im getting desperate.
    > >
    > > Sorry for bleating on about this but Im hoping for any constructive
    > > suggestions as to how I should go about resolving this. I've been making
    > > as
    > > much noise as I can but so far it hasn't worked.
    > >
    > > Anthony

    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=, Apr 29, 2006
    #11
  12. Hi Mr D, I certainly didn't use or even ask about braind@mps, it took me
    about 1.5 years to go on training & find the time to pass exams etc.

    Probably why Im so bitter & twisted about the delay at the Microsoft end I
    guess.

    I hope they do go go after the braind@mp users, as it dilutes the overall
    value of the cert, not sure how they'd go about it though.

    A


    "Bigus Di©kus" wrote:

    > **MitchS's** the one who fcukin said it
    > <<-------------------------------->>
    > > "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >
    > > If you have all the required exams on your transcript, then you have
    > > completed the requirements. If you need to justify that to an HR
    > > person you can direct them to the website listing requirements. You
    > > can explain that you just have not received your certificate yet. I
    > > would be 100% sure you have met the requirements before you proclaim
    > > yourself MCSE2K3 though.

    > I didn't even think about this until I got an e-mail from one of the MS guys I
    > have been talking to. Did you know that they have also been investigating all
    > the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps? Now, I'm not accusing
    > Ashwina here of being an a$$fu©ker, *but* if he/she had asked for dumps at one
    > point way-back-when and MS has it noted, they just simply wouldn't send the user
    > any certification.
    >
    > Ashwina, I'm NOT accusing you of requesting or asking about Br@indumps, only you
    > know if you have done that. All just throwing out an *IF* situation there.
    >
    > --
    > Bigus Di©kus
    > MCNGP 00110011
    > --I like that, kinda has a ring to it!
    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=, Apr 29, 2006
    #12
  13. **Ashwina's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > Hi Mr D, I certainly didn't use or even ask about braind@mps, it
    > took me about 1.5 years to go on training & find the time to pass
    > exams etc.
    >


    Did you read the part where I said: "I'm NOT accusing you of requesting or
    asking about
    Br@indumps,"

    I was merely stating that it could be the reason *some* people may have problems
    getting their MCP information.

    > Probably why Im so bitter & twisted about the delay at the Microsoft
    > end I guess.
    >

    And you should be.... it seems to happen to alot of people.

    > I hope they do go go after the braind@mp users, as it dilutes the
    > overall value of the cert, not sure how they'd go about it though.
    >

    Actually, pretty simple. Many people that post in these newsgroups post using
    outlook express (OE) or another type of posting hosts that reveals their IP
    Address. When they post, they leave tracks telling where they are. Once MS can
    track down where a poster is, they can determine who the poster was. Once
    they've got your information, they cross-reference it with their records. If
    they have a match, they can pull the certifications.

    That's why to this day I am still astonished at the number of idiots that post
    in here saying "I passed my 70-### Exam....Thank you testking!!" What are they
    thinking when they do that? Obviously they have no concept of how IP tracing
    works.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP 00110011
    --I like that, kinda has a ring to it!
    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 29, 2006
    #13
  14. Per chance did you use both Prometric and VUE to do your tests? If you did,
    it is possible that you have two different MCP ID's and you'll need them
    merged.

    Jeffrey W. Roach
    MCT, MCSE, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS:BDD, CTTS, CNA, N+, A+
    Microsoft Operations Framework Competency
    Microsoft Solutions Framework Competency
    ITIL Foundation Certified

    "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Mr D, I certainly didn't use or even ask about braind@mps, it took me
    > about 1.5 years to go on training & find the time to pass exams etc.
    >
    > Probably why Im so bitter & twisted about the delay at the Microsoft end I
    > guess.
    >
    > I hope they do go go after the braind@mp users, as it dilutes the overall
    > value of the cert, not sure how they'd go about it though.
    >
    > A
    >
    >
    > "Bigus Di©kus" wrote:
    >
    >> **MitchS's** the one who fcukin said it
    >> <<-------------------------------->>
    >> > "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    >> > news:...
    >> >
    >> > If you have all the required exams on your transcript, then you have
    >> > completed the requirements. If you need to justify that to an HR
    >> > person you can direct them to the website listing requirements. You
    >> > can explain that you just have not received your certificate yet. I
    >> > would be 100% sure you have met the requirements before you proclaim
    >> > yourself MCSE2K3 though.

    >> I didn't even think about this until I got an e-mail from one of the MS
    >> guys I
    >> have been talking to. Did you know that they have also been
    >> investigating all
    >> the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps? Now, I'm not
    >> accusing
    >> Ashwina here of being an a$$fu©ker, *but* if he/she had asked for dumps
    >> at one
    >> point way-back-when and MS has it noted, they just simply wouldn't send
    >> the user
    >> any certification.
    >>
    >> Ashwina, I'm NOT accusing you of requesting or asking about Br@indumps,
    >> only you
    >> know if you have done that. All just throwing out an *IF* situation
    >> there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bigus Di©kus
    >> MCNGP 00110011
    >> --I like that, kinda has a ring to it!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    Jeffrey W. Roach, Apr 30, 2006
    #14
  15. No, I've always only used Prometric. When I past my first 2003 exam in 2004,
    they migrated my transcript from an older system, I suspect something went
    wrong there... Anyhow I'll keep trying with the resource support centre,
    failing that I now have a few other contacts to try.


    "Jeffrey W. Roach" wrote:

    > Per chance did you use both Prometric and VUE to do your tests? If you did,
    > it is possible that you have two different MCP ID's and you'll need them
    > merged.
    >
    > Jeffrey W. Roach
    > MCT, MCSE, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS:BDD, CTTS, CNA, N+, A+
    > Microsoft Operations Framework Competency
    > Microsoft Solutions Framework Competency
    > ITIL Foundation Certified
    >
    > "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Hi Mr D, I certainly didn't use or even ask about braind@mps, it took me
    > > about 1.5 years to go on training & find the time to pass exams etc.
    > >
    > > Probably why Im so bitter & twisted about the delay at the Microsoft end I
    > > guess.
    > >
    > > I hope they do go go after the braind@mp users, as it dilutes the overall
    > > value of the cert, not sure how they'd go about it though.
    > >
    > > A
    > >
    > >
    > > "Bigus Di©kus" wrote:
    > >
    > >> **MitchS's** the one who fcukin said it
    > >> <<-------------------------------->>
    > >> > "Ashwina" <> wrote in message
    > >> > news:...
    > >> >
    > >> > If you have all the required exams on your transcript, then you have
    > >> > completed the requirements. If you need to justify that to an HR
    > >> > person you can direct them to the website listing requirements. You
    > >> > can explain that you just have not received your certificate yet. I
    > >> > would be 100% sure you have met the requirements before you proclaim
    > >> > yourself MCSE2K3 though.
    > >> I didn't even think about this until I got an e-mail from one of the MS
    > >> guys I
    > >> have been talking to. Did you know that they have also been
    > >> investigating all
    > >> the individuals that have been asking for Br@indumps? Now, I'm not
    > >> accusing
    > >> Ashwina here of being an a$$fu©ker, *but* if he/she had asked for dumps
    > >> at one
    > >> point way-back-when and MS has it noted, they just simply wouldn't send
    > >> the user
    > >> any certification.
    > >>
    > >> Ashwina, I'm NOT accusing you of requesting or asking about Br@indumps,
    > >> only you
    > >> know if you have done that. All just throwing out an *IF* situation
    > >> there.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Bigus Di©kus
    > >> MCNGP 00110011
    > >> --I like that, kinda has a ring to it!
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>

    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=, Apr 30, 2006
    #15
  16. > Did you read the part where I said: "I'm NOT accusing you of requesting or
    > asking about
    > Br@indumps,"


    Perhaps you should re-read your posts? In particular the big *IF* you cast
    over whether or not I'd used braind@mps... Otherwise why bother wasting your
    time in my discussion?

    > Actually, pretty simple. Many people that post in these newsgroups post using
    > outlook express (OE) or another type of posting hosts that reveals their IP
    > Address. When they post, they leave tracks telling where they are. Once MS can
    > track down where a poster is, they can determine who the poster was. Once
    > they've got your information, they cross-reference it with their records. If
    > they have a match, they can pull the certifications.



    So they'd have a source IP, so what??

    Most would be a single NATted IP address used by a proxy web server behind a
    company or institute's firewall, quite often in another country to where the
    user is actually located?? Microsoft in most cases would gain no benefit
    from this information.

    With regards to home users, an ISP wouldn't give out their customers details
    without strong legal grounds, if MS were truely undertaking such a extensive
    legal exersize (ie approaching all the possible ISP's in all the respective
    countries), I doubt they'd be able to keep it quiet. Im sorry but your
    starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist!

    "Bigus Di©kus" wrote:

    > **Ashwina's** the one who fcukin said it
    > <<-------------------------------->>
    > > Hi Mr D, I certainly didn't use or even ask about braind@mps, it
    > > took me about 1.5 years to go on training & find the time to pass
    > > exams etc.
    > >

    >
    > Did you read the part where I said: "I'm NOT accusing you of requesting or
    > asking about
    > Br@indumps,"
    >
    > I was merely stating that it could be the reason *some* people may have problems
    > getting their MCP information.
    >
    > > Probably why Im so bitter & twisted about the delay at the Microsoft
    > > end I guess.
    > >

    > And you should be.... it seems to happen to alot of people.
    >
    > > I hope they do go go after the braind@mp users, as it dilutes the
    > > overall value of the cert, not sure how they'd go about it though.
    > >

    > Actually, pretty simple. Many people that post in these newsgroups post using
    > outlook express (OE) or another type of posting hosts that reveals their IP
    > Address. When they post, they leave tracks telling where they are. Once MS can
    > track down where a poster is, they can determine who the poster was. Once
    > they've got your information, they cross-reference it with their records. If
    > they have a match, they can pull the certifications.
    >
    > That's why to this day I am still astonished at the number of idiots that post
    > in here saying "I passed my 70-### Exam....Thank you testking!!" What are they
    > thinking when they do that? Obviously they have no concept of how IP tracing
    > works.
    >
    > --
    > Bigus Di©kus
    > MCNGP 00110011
    > --I like that, kinda has a ring to it!
    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?QXNod2luYQ==?=, Apr 30, 2006
    #16
  17. **Ashwina's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    >> Did you read the part where I said: "I'm NOT accusing you of
    >> requesting or asking about
    >> Br@indumps,"

    >
    > Perhaps you should re-read your posts? In particular the big *IF* you
    > cast over whether or not I'd used braind@mps... Otherwise why bother
    > wasting your time in my discussion?
    >

    Nevermind, you're obviously not getting the point of my post.


    >> Actually, pretty simple. Many people that post in these newsgroups
    >> post using outlook express (OE) or another type of posting hosts
    >> that reveals their IP Address. When they post, they leave tracks
    >> telling where they are. Once MS can track down where a poster is,
    >> they can determine who the poster was. Once they've got your
    >> information, they cross-reference it with their records. If they
    >> have a match, they can pull the certifications.

    >
    >
    > So they'd have a source IP, so what??
    >
    > Most would be a single NATted IP address used by a proxy web server
    > behind a company or institute's firewall, quite often in another
    > country to where the user is actually located?? Microsoft in most
    > cases would gain no benefit from this information.
    >

    Maybe you should learn a little more about records keeping. It's obviously
    worked fine for the Movie/Music industry in catching individuals that illegally
    download copyrighted material.


    > With regards to home users, an ISP wouldn't give out their customers
    > details without strong legal grounds, if MS were truely undertaking
    > such a extensive legal exersize (ie approaching all the possible
    > ISP's in all the respective countries), I doubt they'd be able to
    > keep it quiet. Im sorry but your starting to sound like a conspiracy
    > theorist!
    >

    You've got alot to learn. Copyright infringement is illegal, and it is very
    strong grounds for legal action. ISPs work together with many different
    corporations in preventing the copy of illegal material.

    Oh and there was no "Man on the Moon", but there was an Alien Landing in Roswell
    that the Government has been hiding from us for the past 6 decades.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP 00110011
    --I like that, kinda has a ring to it!
    Bigus Di©kus, May 1, 2006
    #17
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. lib
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    495
  2. lib
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    562
  3. l#

    GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH

    l#, Jul 14, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    555
    Lookingglass
    Jul 14, 2005
  4. Anuj
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    459
  5. ffoeg
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    735
    ffoeg
    Jun 29, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page