    if I do use this program will I have problems with the Advantage database.
    Any help and answers with pro and cons on all 3 software's . Thanks in
    advance to all Tommy
    Tommy, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Tommy

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Tommy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am reviewing different billing programs for my office . Many billing
    >programs have a good review uses Sybase Advantage SQL. or Microsoft SQL.
    >The smaller companies use Advantage database which at times you have to use
    >the rebuilt tool so the programs will work better. Can anyone tell me
    >which one may be better ? if I have about 10 uses at one time signing in on
    >the billing program which software would be easier and steady performance?
    >I do know the Advantage database may not be good enough for my office since
    >there are many users using the program at the same time, but I would like
    >to know if I do use this program will I have problems with the Advantage
    >database. Any help and answers with pro and cons on all 3 software's .
    >Thanks in advance to all Tommy

    I have used Sybase from a software developer standpoint and MS SQL Server
    from a software developer and Admin standpoints, professionally . They are
    both fine database solutions. I lean towards MS SQL server, because that's
    what I know and have worked with over the years more than any other
    database, which will do everything you are concerned about with no
    problems -- period. I don't like the fact that with the other Sybase
    solution some kind of tool is involved. But all databases have tools that a
    Admin may have to use to keep the integrity of the database maintained.

    However, you need to go to the correct forums or NG(s), ask questions, and
    make your assessment of what solution is best for you.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=sybase newsgroup&spell=1

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ms+sql+server+newsgroup&btnG=Search>

    HTH
    Mr. Arnold, Nov 29, 2007