Microsoft Solitaire

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Emrys Davies, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    I have Win98 SE

    I have just started playing the intellectual game of Solitaire in Start
    > Programs > Accessories > Games > and I am wondering if every game is

    winnable if played expertly. Probably not.

    Just like to know.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Emrys Davies

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Emrys Davies composed the following;:
    > I have Win98 SE
    >
    > I have just started playing the intellectual game of Solitaire in Start
    >> Programs > Accessories > Games > and I am wondering if every game is

    > winnable if played expertly. Probably not.

    I think every game is winnable. ISTR a website that had details for every
    game number, a long while ago, and one which published an algorithm that
    'told' you which moves to play to win whichever game you were playing.

    Can't find 'em now, it was several computers and OS installations ago I had
    it .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php
    Paul - xxx, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Emrys Davies

    Stickems. Guest

    Not every game is winnable, there is even at least one in which you are
    unable to make a single move.

    Stickems., Jan 4, 2005
  4. Emrys Davies

    John Holmes Guest

    Emrys Davies came up with this:

    > I have Win98 SE
    >
    > I have just started playing the intellectual game of Solitaire in Start
    >> Programs > Accessories > Games > and I am wondering if every game is

    > winnable if played expertly. Probably not.
    >
    > Just like to know.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Emrys Davies.

    Start Solitaire. From the menu bar, selext 'Game' then 'Options'. Click
    on the circle next to 'Draw Three' and select either Standard or Vegas
    Style scoring.

    Star playing, and when you draw a card, hold down the
    "alt+shift+control" keys at the same time. The game will draw one card,
    but score you as if you were drawing 3.

    --
    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
    John Holmes, Jan 4, 2005
  5. Emrys Davies

    rkwaters

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Is every Microsoft Solitaire game winnable?

    The same game can be obtained at goodsol.com where the win rate is claimed to be in the 80% range. Such a high win rate is not incompatible with every game being winnable. This is because on occasion you will have choices which are equally good and the probablity of making the wrong choice is 50%. If you want to be absolutely sure that every game is winnable, get the version of Microsoft Solitaire at winnablesolitaire.com. The traditional game of Solitaire does not allow any redeals and has a win rate of about 5%. For a version of the traditional game where every game is winnable, go to solitaireinnovations.com. There is also a version of the traditional game of Pyramid where every game is winnable at solitaireinnovations.com.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
    rkwaters, Jun 12, 2008