    --
    "When a company starts fighting over IP, it's a
    sign they've lost the real battle, for users."
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <> wrote:

    >http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&subSection=Product News
    >
    >"Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get the
    >rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006 or earlier,
    >Gartner said."
    >
    >Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >
    >Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.

    You spend way too much time scoping the net for anti-M$ material.
    Invisible, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Max Burke Guest

    > Invisible scribbled:

    >> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    >> wrote:
    >> http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&subSection=Product News
    >> "Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >> Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get
    >> the rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006
    >> or earlier, Gartner said."
    >> Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >> Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.

    > You spend way too much time scoping the net for anti-M$ material.

    He's ill, give him a break already....
    It's a classic symptom of a serious Linux addiction.

    All Linux distro's should carry [mental] health warnings;

    HEALTH WARNING: Using this OS will cause irrational and unexplainable
    behaviour in users when using computers.

    Who'd want to use an OS that makes you behave this way??????
    ;-)

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    exclaimed:

    >http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&subSection=Product News
    >
    >"Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get the
    >rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006 or earlier,
    >Gartner said."
    >
    >Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >
    >Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.

    Huh? Someone buys the right to upgrade to any version released in the
    next 3 years. If a version is released more than 3 years into the
    future, they can't upgrade to it.

    I don't really see what the problem is?
    Fred Dagg, Apr 3, 2006
  5. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Invisible wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&subSection=Product News
    >>
    >>"Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >>Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get the
    >>rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006 or earlier,
    >>Gartner said."
    >>
    >>Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >>
    >>Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.
    >>

    > You spend way too much time scoping the net for anti-M$ material.

    Gartner is usually anti-linux.....and as for scoping, reading Gartner is
    pretty mainstream.....

    So, pay three years money for nothing...gotta love it......I wonder how
    many will sign up for another three years of nothing.....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    > exclaimed:
    >
    >> http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&subSection=Product News
    >>
    >> "Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >> Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get the
    >> rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006 or earlier,
    >> Gartner said."
    >>
    >> Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >>
    >> Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.

    > Huh? Someone buys the right to upgrade to any version released in the
    > next 3 years. If a version is released more than 3 years into the
    > future, they can't upgrade to it.
    >
    > I don't really see what the problem is?

    As I understand it the problem is, MS pretty much indicated the next
    release would fall within that original 3 year timeframe. That's what
    people were paying for, and they won't be getting it.

    But better luck next time. Or will everything be live and subscription
    before then?
    -=rjh=-, Apr 3, 2006
  7. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>, "Max Burke" <> wrote:

    >HEALTH WARNING: Using this OS will cause irrational and unexplainable
    >behaviour in users when using computers.
    >
    >Who'd want to use an OS that makes you behave this way??????

    I'm sure you have met many people who have exhibited exactly the same
    behaviour when using Windows. Hands up anyone who hasn't, at some stage,
    wanted to do something irrational, unexplainable or anatomically impossible
    to Microsoft, usually after the umpteenth BSOD, registry meltdown or Office
    app crash?

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:12:00 +1200, -=rjh=- <>
    exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    >> exclaimed:
    >>
    >>> http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&subSection=Product News
    >>>
    >>> "Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >>> Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get the
    >>> rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006 or earlier,
    >>> Gartner said."
    >>>
    >>> Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >>>
    >>> Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.

    >> Huh? Someone buys the right to upgrade to any version released in the
    >> next 3 years. If a version is released more than 3 years into the
    >> future, they can't upgrade to it.
    >>
    >> I don't really see what the problem is?

    >As I understand it the problem is, MS pretty much indicated the next
    >release would fall within that original 3 year timeframe. That's what
    >people were paying for, and they won't be getting it.
    >
    >But better luck next time. Or will everything be live and subscription
    >before then?

    Yup, I must say that we've always recommended against SA. Still, those
    that bought it knew the risk, and I believe they can continue with SA,
    meaning it's still cheaper than buying the new version.
    Fred Dagg, Apr 3, 2006
  9. On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:03:53 +1200, Invisible wrote:

    > You spend way too much time scoping the net for anti-M$ material.

    Nope - it gets delivered to by browser using RSS from sites that tend to
    be somewhat pro-Micro$oftish.

    It is funny tho', that those who thought they would be getting something
    cheaper, ended up paying more... for less.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 3, 2006
  10. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    shannon Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:33:35 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    >> Invisible scribbled:

    >>> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>> http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&subSection=Product News
    >>> "Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >>> Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get
    >>> the rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006
    >>> or earlier, Gartner said."
    >>> Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >>> Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.

    >> You spend way too much time scoping the net for anti-M$ material.

    > He's ill, give him a break already....
    > It's a classic symptom of a serious Linux addiction.
    >
    > All Linux distro's should carry [mental] health warnings;
    >
    > HEALTH WARNING: Using this OS will cause irrational and unexplainable
    > behaviour in users when using computers.
    >
    > Who'd want to use an OS that makes you behave this way??????
    > ;-)

    Is it Windows that makes you behave like a **** ??????
    Or is it OS independent ?
    ;-)
    shannon, Apr 3, 2006
  11. In article <>, "Max Burke" <> wrote:
    >> Invisible scribbled:

    >>> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:48:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>

    > http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=184417557&s
    >ubSection=Product+News
    >>> "Customers who purchased SA on Office under a three-year Open Value
    >>> Agreement, Select Agreement or Enterprise Agreements will not get
    >>> the rights to Office 2007 if the agreement expires in August 2006
    >>> or earlier, Gartner said."
    >>> Bwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah
    >>> Yet another example of Micro$oft throughly screwing it's customers.

    >> You spend way too much time scoping the net for anti-M$ material.

    >He's ill, give him a break already....
    >It's a classic symptom of a serious Linux addiction.
    >
    >All Linux distro's should carry [mental] health warnings;
    >
    >HEALTH WARNING: Using this OS will cause irrational and unexplainable
    >behaviour in users when using computers.
    >
    >Who'd want to use an OS that makes you behave this way??????
    >;-)

    Rather that than the compulsion to change their posting address many times.
    Perhaps windows causes confusion ? :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 4, 2006
  12. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    shannon wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:33:35 +1200, Max Burke wrote:
    >

    >>>Invisible scribbled:

    >>>You spend way too much time scoping the net for anti-M$ material.

    >>He's ill, give him a break already....
    >>It's a classic symptom of a serious Linux addiction.
    >>
    >>All Linux distro's should carry [mental] health warnings;
    >>
    >>HEALTH WARNING: Using this OS will cause irrational and unexplainable
    >>behaviour in users when using computers.
    >>
    >>Who'd want to use an OS that makes you behave this way??????
    >>;-)

    > Is it Windows that makes you behave like a **** ??????
    > Or is it OS independent ?
    > ;-)

    Uh, from the top.....it makes you throw chairs around if you dont get
    your own way.............

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Apr 4, 2006
  13. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Max Burke Guest

    > Don Hills scribbled:

    >> Max Burke wrote:

    >> HEALTH WARNING: Using this OS will cause irrational and
    >> unexplainable behaviour in users when using computers.
    >> Who'd want to use an OS that makes you behave this way??????

    > I'm sure you have met many people who have exhibited exactly the same
    > behaviour when using Windows.

    No I haven't.

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Apr 4, 2006
  14. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>, "Max Burke" <> wrote:

    >No I haven't.

    Perhaps you should get out more?

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Apr 4, 2006
  15. On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:47:27 +1200, thingy wrote:

    > Uh, from the top.....it makes you throw chairs around if you dont get
    > your own way.

    <sniggaaar>

    Nice! :eek:)

    He's not going to live that one down anytime soon, eh.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    "You'll have to excuse me — I have a long bath and a short
    dress to get in to."
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 4, 2006
  16. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Max Burke Guest

    > Don Hills scribbled:

    >> Max Burke wrote:
    >> No I haven't.

    > Perhaps you should get out more?

    Why, to meet obsesives whoose whole purpose in life, and the sole reason for
    their existence is to rant and rave about a computer operating system????
    Yeah RIIIIGGGHHHHTTT......

    Naaa I much prefer knowing ordinary people (like myself) who just use their
    computers as computers..

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Apr 5, 2006
  17. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>, "Max Burke" <> wrote:

    >Naaa I much prefer knowing ordinary people (like myself) who just use their
    >computers as computers..

    They're the ones I was referring to in the fist place.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Apr 5, 2006
  18. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Max Burke Guest

    > Don Hills scribbled:

    >> Max Burke wrote:
    >> Naaa I much prefer knowing ordinary people (like myself) who just
    >> use their computers as computers..

    > They're the ones I was referring to in the fist place.

    They wont be using linux then.....

    ;-)

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Apr 5, 2006
  19. On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:12:00 +1200, -=rjh=- wrote:

    > As I understand it the problem is, MS pretty much indicated the next
    > release would fall within that original 3 year timeframe. That's what
    > people were paying for, and they won't be getting it.

    I reckon that Micro$oft knew that the next release would likely be around
    three or more years from when it started selling the Software Assurance
    schemes. I reckon it knew the likelihood of actually having to provide the
    next update under that scheme would be remote - because I reckon Bill
    Gates and others at that level in that scam of a corporation knew that
    Vi$ta would take years to develop.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Joe Barr: "So the question is not 'Is Microsoft lying?' It's deeper than that.
    The real question is, 'Is Microsoft capable of honesty?' And if you decide -
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 10, 2006