    The questions seem a lot more difficult than Transcender.

    Are the real questions that difficult?

    -Frank

    Frank Mamone, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Frank Mamone

    payaqa Guest

    I think Transcender is a good choice. Indeed, there're some real questions
    in the Transcender, but very few. I rely on the Transcender to pass 70-315 &
    316. And now preparing for the 70-320.

    payaqa, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    Cool. Did you use the online product or did you download version?

    If I can get 100% on that three supplied tests and understand the reason for
    it, does that mean I'm ready?

    -Frank

    &

    Frank Mamone, Sep 1, 2004
  4. Frank Mamone

    Sri Guest

    hi u gave as u completed 70-315 and 316, r u intrested to
    finish MCAD ,then u check once whthere its a valid
    combination for MCAD(70-315,316,320) ,r u using kalani's
    book for preparation if so, at the end of book u have
    Certification Process ,read the lines there ,according to
    it 315,316,320 is not a valid combination for mcad(see on
    page number 1094 in 316 book),Even I don't know exactly
    anyhow make it confirm about it.

    Sri, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    Sri,

    It would seem so at first glance. However, if you read a little further
    you'll see (page 1114 70-315 books by Kalani):

    "You can also count as an elective one of the four core exams
    70-305,70-306,70-315,70-316. The one you can count as an elective is the
    exam from the opposite technology and language from the exam that you
    counted as a core exam. For example if you take the C# Web Application
    Exam(70-315) as a core exam, you can take the Visual Basic .NET
    Windows-based Application exam (70-306)."

    So, according to that statement the combination would indeed be invalid.

    I would like to hear from someone at Microsoft or certified MCAD's to get a
    definite answer though. I personally would like to do the Windows-based
    apps, but stay in C#.

    -Frank

    Frank Mamone, Sep 1, 2004
  6. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    However, if you look here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp

    It says:

    If you use Exam 70-305 or 70-315 to satisfy the core exam requirement, you
    may use either Exam 70-306 or 70-316 as an elective.

    If you use Exam 70-306 or 70-316 to satisfy the core exam requirement, you
    may use either Exam 70-305 or 70-315 as an elective.

    So , when Kalani says "Opposite technology" he means Web as opposed to
    Window-based , NOT language.

    Of course, this is assuming that Microsoft's website is correct.

    -Frank

    Frank Mamone, Sep 1, 2004
  7. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    Congratulations Brad!

    Thanks for confirming this. I am new to this newsgroup so I wasn't aware.

    Is there an FAQ for this group? If that question is not in there maybe it
    should be added.

    What did you use to study? How did you find the real exam compared to your
    study material?

    -Frank

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > I don't know how many freakin' times this has to come up (and I'm not
    > ripping on you, Frank, honestly I'm not) but let me just state:
    >
    > Windows Apps, Web Apps, and XML Web Services, in whatever language...
    >
    > IS A VALID COMBINATION FOR MCAD.
    >
    > I have recently completed just these requirements in C# and I >>>AM<<<

    MCAD

    Frank Mamone, Sep 2, 2004
  8. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    Thanks for the feedback and the coupon code!

    By the way did you ever try the test on Microsoft Skills Assessment site?
    The link is in the original message in this thread.

    If you have a few minutes (30 questions) take look at the 70-315 and tell us
    how that compares to the real thing. I heard that MeasureUp is more
    difficult than the real thing.

    Frank M.

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > I don't think there's an official FAQ, although maybe there should be.
    > There are FAQs on the Microsoft Learning web site about MCP and MCAD, I'm
    > sure.
    >
    > I used the MS Press self-paced training kit set for all three exams. A
    > little dry sometimes, a few mistakes in the sample code (the web apps and
    > web services books in particular looked like the C# examples were an
    > afterthought), and a few small topics probably were missing, but overall a
    > good review for the exam and coverage of the major topic areas. A lot of
    > people swear by Kalani's books for C# or that guy that writes the books

    for
    > VB.NET (can't remember the name right now, but its posted around here
    > somewhere). They may have more/better examples and clearer explanations.
    >
    > Beyond that I used the MeasureUp exams and found them to be a pretty good
    > preparation for all of the exams and gave me a good idea of what I would
    > encounter. If you decide to use MeasureUp, here's a little tip: go to
    > Dice.com (free), look under Career Resources, then under Certification,

    and
    > get a 25% discount code. The exams that come with the training kit are
    > challenging, but I didn't use them enough to say how well they really

    match

    Frank Mamone, Sep 2, 2004
  9. Frank Mamone

    payaqa Guest

    I think 70-315, 70-316 & 70-320 is a valid combination. As I think, to be an
    MCAD, 70-320 is compulsory to pass.
    But you can choose either of 70-315 or 70-316. And what about the third one
    ? You can choose 70-229.
    So, it means 70-320, 70-316 & 70-229 is a valid combination. Also, 70-320,
    70-315 & 70-229 is valid too.
    So I think all the below combinations are valid.
    a) 1. 70-310 or 70-320 (must have)
    2. 70-306 or 70-316
    3. 70-305 or 70-315

    b) 1. 70-310 or 70-320 (must have)
    2. 70-306 or 70-316
    3. 70-229 or other elective exams(exclude 70-305 & 70-315)

    c) 1. 70-310 or 70-320 (must have)
    2. 70-305 or 70-315
    3. 70-229 or other elective exams(exclude 70-306 & 70-316)

    I will probably take 70-320 next week. I don't know if my assertion is
    right. But I will let you know if it really works ASAP.

    payaqa, Sep 3, 2004