Microsoft Sidewinder Steerin wheel

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. Do i need a driver for this steering wheel in XP x64, can't find one in
    Microsoft.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Microsoft Sidewinder is not supported under Windows XP Professional x64, you
    can join the list of folks who are just as disappointed as you will be:
    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t4437.html

    Fortunately of course, there is hope, Logitech has an alternative which is
    supported, the Extreme 3D Pro Twist Handle USB Joystick. It seems that
    Logitech is leading in hardware support for x64 and I want to encourage them
    to keep it up.
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=12,CONTENTID=6954
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 26, 2005

  3. I don't know about the 'wheel' - but I think you will be disappointed. The
    SideWinder Joystick's were discontinued a while back and no 64bit drivers
    have been, or will be, developed. I assume this applies to the whole family
    of SideWinders.

    Compare this to the automobile industry - they are obliged to deliver the
    complete catalog of parts for 15 or 25 years after discontinuing a model! If
    they go broke, they are obliged to sell off the production.

    One noteworthy aspect of this, is that on Linux, the SideWinders are still
    supported, so you might be able to sell the wheel to some afficionado.

    (the doctor visits a patient in the ward, and tells him: " I have some bad
    news, and some good news for you. The bad news is that we have to remove
    your leg. The good news is, that theres one other patient down the hall who
    wants to by your shoe.)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 26, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3dhbm5pZQ==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Swannie" <> wrote in message
    > Do i need a driver for this steering wheel in XP x64, can't find one in
    > Microsoft.

    Microsoft Wheels are not supported under x64.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 27, 2005