    and software support for its own operating systems. It is really hard
    to fault other manufacturers or vendors for a lack of support while
    Microsoft is allowing this state of affairs to continue.

    Paul Petitt, Feb 24, 2007

  2. Paul Petitt

    Andy Snook Guest

    I fully understand and agree with you.

    I have the Fingerprint Reader (built into a Microsoft Keyboard) and have had
    no luck with 64-bit either.

    I must say out of my entire x64 experience the finger print reader is the
    only device I have trouble with. Vista had my Raid Drivers, all my
    motherboard drives including sound card, network adaptors and the asus built
    in wifi! ATi had drives for my graphics card and Dell had 64-bit drivers for
    my laser printer.

    It is indeed rich how microsoft push 64-bit and make other companies do
    64-bit for Vista Logo'ing (which is useful I must say) but then decide they
    dont have to do it with a few of their still widly used products.

    From what I understand the Fingerprint reader application is actually made
    by another company, but as Microsoft choose to put it in their keyboards and
    even make a usb one with their own branding, they should treat it like the
    rest of their own products and get the drivers out.

    Andy Snook, Feb 24, 2007

  3. Re: Microsoft setting a poor example for 64 bit hardware and softw

    Count me in as another disappointed Fingerprint Reader owner. Just bought it
    to go with my new Vista 64 bit system. Of course I can't use it, as there is
    no 64-bit support for it.

    Emailed MS to find out when this was going to be provided. and Got a canned
    reply saying to contact the manufacturer or use the paid support sytem to
    contact MS. Darned if I'm going to spend $35 to find out when they plan on
    supporting something that should *come* with full drivers and software.

    Too bad, as I'd really like to try this out.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JvdWNo?=, Feb 25, 2007
  4. Not sure what the problem is with your system, but, I have been using MS
    SyncToy with WinXPx64 since it first came out - no problems.

    Larry

    Lawrence E. Oliver, Feb 25, 2007
  5. Re: Microsoft setting a poor example for 64 bit hardware and softw

    --
    John in BC

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBQ?=, Apr 19, 2007
  6. Re: Microsoft setting a poor example for 64 bit hardware and softw

    I also bought a Microsoft Fingerprint Reader and my OS is Vista 64 bit. I
    can't install this device because it is not supported. I contacted the
    distributer and they referred me to the Microsoft software upgrade site. Only
    the 32 bit Vista software is available. I tried my best to contact Microsoft
    to find out if or when they will be providing the software but like
    previously mentioned, I get a stupid request to pay for information or help
    from Microsoft. Not bloody likely. I'm going to take that Fingerprint Reader
    back to where I purchased it and get my money back. I'm very disappointed in
    this whole affair. I also had to do the same with Live OneCare as well and
    Microsoft said that Vista work with it, but they forgot to put a disclaimer
    on the package to say that 64 bit is NOT supported with this. I almost was
    unable to get my money back on this product because I only found out it
    wouldn't work as I was trying to install it and the vender did'nt want to
    take an opedned return. Had to argue like hell. THANKS MICROSOFT!!!
    --
    John in BC

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBQ?=, Apr 19, 2007