Microsoft Service pack 2 blocks Windows update.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TechNews, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. TechNews

    TechNews Guest

    TechNews, Jun 14, 2004

  2. TechNews

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Jun 14, 2004

  3. TechNews

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:33:17 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    wrote:

    >TechNews <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Yesterday, I found that the last beta SP2 that I used refused to trust
    >> the Windows update page." - By Fuad Abazovic
    >>
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16560
    >>
    >> Yet another IE flaw...

    >Then one configures the O/S to allow the Windows Update Site, big deal
    >
    >Duane :)

    I plonked that whatever Tech ???? who just seems to be against
    anything Microsoft does. Not that I am in love with it but I do like
    xp.
    joevan
    joevan, Jun 14, 2004
  4. joevan, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
    wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:33:17 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>TechNews <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "Yesterday, I found that the last beta SP2 that I used refused to trust
    >>> the Windows update page." - By Fuad Abazovic
    >>>
    >>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16560
    >>>
    >>> Yet another IE flaw...
    >>>
    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3804493.stm
    >>>

    >>Then one configures the O/S to allow the Windows Update Site, big deal
    >>
    >>Duane :)

    > I plonked that whatever Tech ???? who just seems to be against
    > anything Microsoft does. Not that I am in love with it but I do like
    > xp.

    Proof that idiocy can *never* be a fallacy in your family tree.
    --
    Linux 2.4.20-4GB-athlon
    1:24pm up 3 days 16:49, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.05, 0.01
    Norwegian Formula, Jun 14, 2004
  5. TechNews

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0500, Norwegian Formula <>
    wrote:

    >joevan, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
    >wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:33:17 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>TechNews <> wrote in

    >>>Then one configures the O/S to allow the Windows Update Site, big deal
    >>>
    >>>Duane :)

    >> I plonked that whatever Tech ???? who just seems to be against
    >> anything Microsoft does. Not that I am in love with it but I do like
    >> xp.

    > Proof that idiocy can *never* be a fallacy in your family tree.

    Bastard eh? fits you I guess. GAAD
    joevan
    joevan, Jun 14, 2004
  6. TechNews

    Duane Arnold Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0500, Norwegian Formula <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>joevan, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to
    >>use, wrote:

    >>> I plonked that whatever Tech ???? who just seems to be against
    >>> anything Microsoft does. Not that I am in love with it but I do like
    >>> xp.

    >> Proof that idiocy can *never* be a fallacy in your family tree.

    > Bastard eh? fits you I guess. GAAD
    > joevan

    Not having been to this NG in quite awhile, I see that there is a troll
    that's even worst than *Tracker* herself trying to save the world and
    that's saying something - to be in the league with Super Troll Tracker.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 14, 2004