    me Guest

    Looks like XP 64 bit is the red-headed step child again. MSE availably
    for XP 32 bit, Vista/Win7 32 & 64 bit only.
    me, Jan 3, 2010

  2. Nothing new! Anyone whose been around here for awhile knows that!

    Bobby Johnson, Jan 3, 2010

  3. me

    Richard Hay Guest

    When I click on the download button at
    http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/ I get a 64 bit download for
    Vista and Windows 7 - same download in fact - check the filename.

    I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

    --
    Richard Hay
    http://WindowsObserver.com

    Richard Hay, Jan 3, 2010
  4. me

    Richard Hay Guest

    Sorry I misread your email - your looking for XP 64 bit.

    Rich

    Richard Hay, Jan 3, 2010
  5. Yup. As has been pointed out repeatedly here, XP x64 is not going to get any
    back ported support for new things. There isn't a sufficient installed base
    to justify it, and the code base is NOT the same as XP 32-bit, since XP x64
    is based on Server 2003, not on XP. If you want the new stuff, move to
    Windows 7. (Much better than Vista SP1, IMHO.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 3, 2010