    of some of my 'tools') I doubt that's a huge concern.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 19, 2009

  2. ~misfit~

    PeeCee Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    news:hbggk5$fq1$-september.org...
    > Ok, so far I've put it on my fastest XP laptop (C2D 2.16GHZ, 4Mb L2, 3GB
    > RAM, 7200rpm HDD) and on my slowest XP laptop (Pentium M 'Banais' 1.4GHz,
    > 1MB L2, 1.25GB RAM, 4200rpm HDD) and they're both running just fine. No
    > noticable difference from when they were runing Avast! AV.
    >
    > I'm quite happy with it. That said I have no idea how it performs at
    > catching malware. However, as I practice safe hex and have had no malware
    > problems for years and years (just lots of false positives and the
    > deletion of some of my 'tools') I doubt that's a huge concern.
    > --
    > Shaun.
    >
    > "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's
    > warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchet, 'Jingo'.

    Shaun

    I have noticed on two 256MB machines that MSE takes an awful long time to go
    'green'
    (icon in the system tray)
    One a Laptop couldn't be upgraded so was reverted back to AVG,
    The other a desktop I added 1GB of RAM and the problem went away.

    Pleased to report visiting a site from a google search list, MSE caught and
    neutralised a Smitfraud infection.
    (fake something trojan)

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Oct 19, 2009

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs PeeCee wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Ok, so far I've put it on my fastest XP laptop (C2D 2.16GHZ, 4Mb L2,
    >> 3GB RAM, 7200rpm HDD) and on my slowest XP laptop (Pentium M
    >> 'Banais' 1.4GHz, 1MB L2, 1.25GB RAM, 4200rpm HDD) and they're both
    >> running just fine. No noticable difference from when they were
    >> runing Avast! AV. I'm quite happy with it. That said I have no idea how
    >> it performs at
    >> catching malware. However, as I practice safe hex and have had no
    >> malware problems for years and years (just lots of false positives
    >> and the deletion of some of my 'tools') I doubt that's a huge
    >> concern. --

    > Shaun
    >
    > I have noticed on two 256MB machines that MSE takes an awful long
    > time to go 'green'
    > (icon in the system tray)
    > One a Laptop couldn't be upgraded so was reverted back to AVG,
    > The other a desktop I added 1GB of RAM and the problem went away.
    >
    > Pleased to report visiting a site from a google search list, MSE
    > caught and neutralised a Smitfraud infection.
    > (fake something trojan)

    Hi Paul,

    That's good news then. I won't run XP on less than 512Mb RAM (and all my
    current PCs have at least 1GB) so I'm unlikely to have trouble with the slow
    start problem (unless it gets blaoted sometime in the future).

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 19, 2009