Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Oct 2, 2011.

  1. Not only is the product bugged/malfunctioning.

    Not only did the product remove chromo.

    Not only does it defect innocent files as viruses. (False alarms).

    Not only does it take up CPU at one core.

    But it also does not defend against probably 50% of real viruses/trojans out
    there.

    And most of all, it's just spyware.

    Microsoft actively spying on you.

    And Windows 8 will be even worse.

    Especially the Windows 8 BUILD/Developer preview is HUGE spyware.

    My conclusion can only be:

    Remove the piece of shit (Microsoft Security Essentials) and be very wary of
    the feature (Windows 8).

    The whole concept of virus scanners running on computers is pretty obsolete
    anyway.

    Way too many false positives and potential for danger by the virus scanner
    itself.

    Don't trust a file ? Upload it to an online virus scanner instead...

    And only use a virus scanner on your local PC if you have been infected, for
    removal.

    Lastly:

    The risk of Microsoft Security Essential overheating your computer is far
    greater.

    The risk of it wearing your computer down in other ways is also greater.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 2, 2011

  2. And the most frustrating part of all:

    It slows down your computer and costs you time.

    And finally

    I removed it just a couple of days before the chrome **** up...

    Strange isn't it ! ;)

    I was already noticing it's **** up in the event logs...

    Those also get filled up with error messages crap... I reported that too not
    so long ago ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 2, 2011

  3. Skybuck Flying

    Rob Guest

    On 02/10/2011 12:51, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > Not only is the product bugged/malfunctioning.
    >
    > Not only did the product remove chromo.
    >
    > Not only does it defect innocent files as viruses. (False alarms).
    >
    > Not only does it take up CPU at one core.
    >
    > But it also does not defend against probably 50% of real viruses/trojans out there.
    >
    > And most of all, it's just spyware.
    >
    > Microsoft actively spying on you.
    >
    > And Windows 8 will be even worse.
    >
    > Especially the Windows 8 BUILD/Developer preview is HUGE spyware.
    >
    > My conclusion can only be:
    >
    > Remove the piece of shit (Microsoft Security Essentials) and be very wary of the feature (Windows 8).
    >
    > The whole concept of virus scanners running on computers is pretty obsolete anyway.
    >
    > Way too many false positives and potential for danger by the virus scanner itself.
    >
    > Don't trust a file ? Upload it to an online virus scanner instead...
    >
    > And only use a virus scanner on your local PC if you have been infected, for removal.
    >
    > Lastly:
    >
    > The risk of Microsoft Security Essential overheating your computer is far greater.
    >
    > The risk of it wearing your computer down in other ways is also greater.
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    MSE is the most efficient AV and Anti-malware around now.
    I install it on hundreds of PCs, which never come back infected
    and they run faster than when they had AVG, Avast etc etc etc
    installed.
    YOU are the problem on your computer, not MSE.

    Rob, Oct 3, 2011
  4. Tell it to the chrome users.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 3, 2011
  5. Skybuck Flying

    XS11E Guest

    "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote:

    You have previously demonstrated your lack of knowledge, why not just
    go away, troll?

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Oct 3, 2011
  6. Every topic stands by itself, only a fool would not understand that.

    Goodbye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 3, 2011
  7. Skybuck Flying

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:51:05 -0700, XS11E <>
    wrote:

    >"Skybuck Flying" <> wrote:
    >
    >You have previously demonstrated your lack of knowledge, why not just
    >go away, troll?

    I filtered it out a couple of days ago. No more starfuck here.

    joevan, Oct 4, 2011
  8. Skybuck Flying

    XS11E Guest

    joevan <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:51:05 -0700, XS11E <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Skybuck Flying" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>You have previously demonstrated your lack of knowledge, why not
    >>just go away, troll?

    > I filtered it out a couple of days ago. No more starfuck here.

    Ditto, unfortunately I still see his drivel when someone replies to
    him.

    The best thing about scoring is you can killfile someone w/o allowing
    him/her/it to 'poison' the thread.

    The worst thing about scoring is you can killfile someone w/o allowing

    XS11E, Oct 4, 2011
  9. Skybuck Flying

    Tony Toews Guest

    On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:13:45 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
    <> wrote:

    >Tell it to the chrome users.

    Hmm, didn't Norton recently identify a critical Windows file as a
    virus and remove it thus disabling thousands if not millions of PCs?

    Tony
    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

    Tony Toews, Oct 7, 2011
  10. Skybuck Flying

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 15:09:55 -0500, Tony Toews
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:13:45 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Tell it to the chrome users.

    >Hmm, didn't Norton recently identify a critical Windows file as a
    >virus and remove it thus disabling thousands if not millions of PCs?
    >
    >Tony

    Why are you responding to a troll?

    joevan, Oct 7, 2011
  11. Skybuck Flying

    Dave Warren Guest

    In message <> someone claiming
    to be Tony Toews <> typed:

    >On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:13:45 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Tell it to the chrome users.

    >Hmm, didn't Norton recently identify a critical Windows file as a
    >virus and remove it thus disabling thousands if not millions of PCs?

    And McAfee too.

    Dave Warren, Oct 9, 2011
  12. "Tony Toews" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:13:45 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Tell it to the chrome users.

    > Hmm, didn't Norton recently identify a critical Windows file as a
    > virus and remove it thus disabling thousands if not millions of PCs?
    >
    > Tony
    > --
    > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
    > Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
    > Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
    > For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
    > updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/

    I think that was Bitdefender.

    Even Panda at one time labeled Notepad.exe as a virus.

    Cheers

    Martin Riddle, Nov 12, 2011