    Apache, MySQL, etc. Any info will be much thankful. (I will compile and
    post the responses.)

    Thanks,

    Doug Fox, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Doug Fox

    claudel Guest

    www.nessus.com

    claudel, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Doug Fox

    donnie Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:15:48 -0500, "Doug Fox" <>
    wrote:

    >I am looking for free vulnerability scanners for Solaris, Red Hat, HP-UX;
    >Apache, MySQL, etc. Any info will be much thankful. (I will compile and
    >post the responses.)
    >
    >Thanks,

    #####################
    Doesn't nmap cover all that?
    donnie.

    donnie, Jan 20, 2005
  4. donnie wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:15:48 -0500, "Doug Fox" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for free vulnerability scanners for Solaris, Red Hat, HP-UX;
    >>Apache, MySQL, etc. Any info will be much thankful. (I will compile and
    >>post the responses.)
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>

    > #####################
    > Doesn't nmap cover all that?
    > donnie.

    nmap is a port scanner and will not find security holes. Nessus will. In
    fact Nessus uses nmap to find servers on ports but then takes it a step
    further by running modules that look for security holes...

    http://www.nessus.org

    -- Michael

    Michael J. Pelletier, Jan 20, 2005
  5. Doug Fox wrote:

    > I am looking for free vulnerability scanners for Solaris, Red Hat, HP-UX;
    > Apache, MySQL, etc. Any info will be much thankful. (I will compile and
    > post the responses.)
    >
    > Thanks,

    Check out nessus. It work on all Unixes as well as Windows and much more
    (Cisco, etc)

    I have used it for years and it works quite well...

    http://www.nessus.org

    Michael

    Michael J. Pelletier, Jan 20, 2005
  6. Doug Fox

    donnie Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:05:14 -0800, "Michael J. Pelletier"
    <> wrote:

    >nmap is a port scanner and will not find security holes. Nessus will. In
    >fact Nessus uses nmap to find servers on ports but then takes it a step
    >further by running modules that look for security holes...
    >
    >http://www.nessus.org
    >
    >-- Michael

    #############################
    I thought I remember nmap listing some holes at the bottom of the scan
    results. Maybe not.

    donnie, Jan 20, 2005
  7. donnie wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:05:14 -0800, "Michael J. Pelletier"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>nmap is a port scanner and will not find security holes. Nessus will. In
    >>fact Nessus uses nmap to find servers on ports but then takes it a step
    >>further by running modules that look for security holes...
    >>
    >>http://www.nessus.org
    >>
    >>-- Michael

    > I thought I remember nmap listing some holes at the bottom of the scan
    > results. Maybe not.

    It might have some limited ability for security testing but it is nothing
    like Nessus. You can also use nmap for basic DOS type stuff...

    Michael

    Michael J. Pelletier, Jan 20, 2005