    driver that works? I really like this remote and want it to function. It is
    unfair that Windows XP SP2 can use this thing, but my x64 setup can't.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tige, May 18, 2006

  2. Tige

    Rick Guest

    The last I heard MCE wouldn't run in Win x64, so what good is a remote
    for something that you can't use?

    There's nothing unfair about it, either. It's just a fact of life.

    Rick, May 18, 2006

  3. Tige

    Tige Guest

    > The last I heard MCE wouldn't run in Win x64, so what good is a remote for
    > something that you can't use?
    >
    > There's nothing unfair about it, either. It's just a fact of life.

    The remote works fine in Windows XP SP2. You can turn the volume up and down
    or put the computer to sleep. No MCE, nothing. You can use it with Girder or
    Media Portal without any issues.

    So why can't I do the same with x64? Why can't I install the irbus driver
    that came with the x64 installation CD?

    Therefore, it is unfair.

    Tige, May 18, 2006
  4. Tige

    Rick Guest

    Apparently the irBus files are not 64-bit. Here's the irBus.ini and it
    states it is 32-bit "NTx86".

    ; Installation inf for IRBUS Driver
    ;

    [Version]
    Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
    Class=USB
    ClassGUID={36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
    Provider=%MSFT%
    LayoutFile=layout.inf
    DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.1830

    [Manufacturer]
    %Microsoft%=MicrosoftHw,NTx86

    [MicrosoftHw.NTx86]
    %USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus, USB\VID_045E&PID_006D

    [ControlFlags]
    ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_045E&PID_006D

    [DestinationDirs]
    DefaultDestDir = 12

    [IrBus.NT]
    CopyFiles=IrBus.NT.Copy

    [IrBus.NT.Copy]
    IrBus.sys

    [IrBus.NT.HW]
    AddReg=IrBus.NT.AddReg.HW

    [IrBus.NT.AddReg.HW]
    HKR,,"Security",,"D:p(A;;GA;;;SY)(A;;GA;;;LS)"

    [IrBus.NT.Services]
    AddService = IrBus,0x00000002,IrBus.AddService

    [IrBus.AddService]
    DisplayName = %IrBus.SvcDesc%
    ServiceType = 1 ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER
    StartType = 3 ; SERVICE_DEMAND_START
    ErrorControl = 1 ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
    ServiceBinary = %12%\IrBus.sys
    LoadOrderGroup = PNP Filter

    Rick, May 18, 2006
  5. Tige

    Rick Guest

    Life's a bitch, and then you die!

    Rick, May 18, 2006
  6. Tige

    Tige Guest

    Anyways, why ship a 32-bit driver with a 64-bit operating system? What's the
    point of that?

    IrBus.sys is made for '5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447)' as per the
    file info (version tab), which is Windows x64.

    Do you know if it is possible to get a driver for the remote for VISTA 64,
    and then copy to my Windows x64 box?

    Tige, May 18, 2006
  7. Tige

    Rick Guest

    If you do a search of the Microsoft web site for "eHome Infrared
    Transceiver" you'll note that Microsoft only supports this device in Win
    MCE. There is at least one update listed that when you read it seems to
    contain a driver for the remote. I did see a web site that also said it
    had a driver for the Transceiver, but I don't know if it was genuine
    Microsoft or not.

    The bottom line is you need drivers for the device and there are no
    64-bit drivers at this time. When Vista comes out there may 64-bit
    Vista drivers that would support the Transceiver.

    Rick, May 18, 2006
  8. Tige

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Just a note...
    All 32-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 SP1 have that build tag as well.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, May 18, 2006