Microsoft program called "Word"?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sammy, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. sammy

    sammy Guest

    Hello,

    There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
    a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."

    So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.

    Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
    simply called "Word?"

    I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
    program that will work.

    Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
    and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.

    Thanks,

    Sammy

    sammy, Oct 24, 2006

  2. sammy wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
    > a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
    >
    > So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
    >
    > Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
    > simply called "Word?"
    >
    > I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
    > program that will work.
    >
    > Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
    > and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sammy

    Word is very mucn un-free. For most uses, a free downloadable option
    would be OpenOffice (OpenOffice.org) Word 2003 is gonna run you about
    200 bucks if you decide to buy it. So, you might want to ask why exactly
    you need to use Word, and/or if work is planning on supplying you with
    this software you "need"

    HTH.
    Jordan G

    Jordan Greenberg, Oct 24, 2006

  3. sammy

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-10-24, sammy <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
    > a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
    >
    > So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
    >
    > Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
    > simply called "Word?"

    I don't think you can, legally. Microsoft like people to buy a 'licence'
    along with the CD and so on.

    > I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
    > program that will work.
    >
    > Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
    > and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sammy

    If your employer requires you to use a specific software package, then
    your employer should provide it to you.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 24, 2006
  4. sammy

    Ron Martell Guest

    "sammy" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
    >a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
    >
    >So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
    >
    >Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
    >simply called "Word?"
    >
    >I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
    >program that will work.
    >
    >Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
    >and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.

    Microsoft Word is a word processing program. It is not distributed
    free.

    If you need to acquire a copy your cheapest method would be to
    purchase a copy of Microsoft Works Suite which includes a fully
    licensed and functional copy of Microsoft Word.

    Note that there are two different Microsoft products - Microsoft Works
    Suite which includes Microsoft Word and Microsoft Works which does not
    include Microsoft Word.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Oct 24, 2006
  5. sammy wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > There is probably a better group ...

    On another subject ... your email address:
    From: "sammy" <>

    Are you really part of toast.com, located in Brisbane, Queensland,
    Australia?

    If not, change your munged address to "" whereas the
    word "example" is reserved for stuff like this. Using toast.com is doing
    a disservice to the folks who own that domain name. Getting them more
    spam, actually.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 24, 2006
  6. sammy wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and
    > there are a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
    >
    > So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an
    > answer.
    >
    > Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program
    > which is simply called "Word?"
    >
    > I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the
    > only program that will work.
    >
    > Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft
    > downloads and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search
    > for downloads.

    Nice one. The food fish can't get to their "followup" buttons quickly
    enough. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 24, 2006
  7. sammy

    lee houston Guest

    "sammy" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,

    You might want to give AbiWord a try. It's a word processor
    that works similar to usoft Word and will accept files from
    several different word processors. It is Freeware.

    http://www.abisource.com/

    lee

    lee houston, Oct 25, 2006
  8. sammy

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:02:01 GMT, sammy wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
    >a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."

    Only 45 for Word however , .word or word.general may be a good starting
    point.

    microsoft.public.word
    microsoft.public.word.application.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.applicationerrors
    microsoft.public.word.conversions
    microsoft.public.word.customization.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
    microsoft.public.word.dos
    microsoft.public.word.drawing.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.drawing-graphics
    microsoft.public.word.formatting.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.formattinglongdocs
    microsoft.public.word.general
    microsoft.public.word.international.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.internet.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.internetassistant
    microsoft.public.word.mac
    microsoft.public.word.macword2001
    microsoft.public.word.macword5-6
    microsoft.public.word.macword98
    microsoft.public.word.mail
    microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.mailmergefields
    microsoft.public.word.newusers
    microsoft.public.word.nonwindows
    microsoft.public.word.numbering
    microsoft.public.word.oleinterop
    microsoft.public.word.ormattinglongdocs
    microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
    microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
    microsoft.public.word.programming
    microsoft.public.word.setup.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.setupnetworking
    microsoft.public.word.spelling.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.spelling-grammar
    microsoft.public.word.tables
    microsoft.public.word.vba.* (6)
    microsoft.public.word.web.* (1)
    microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
    microsoft.public.word.word97vba
    microsoft.public.word.wordbasic

    >So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
    >
    >Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
    >simply called "Word?"

    As mentioned it's not free.

    >I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
    >program that will work.

    To send forms or create, email will send forms / templates.

    >Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
    >and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.

    Wrong idea.

    Well there you go 2 seconds from www.google.com to
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/eula/en.mspx

    for -

    Home Use Rights Licenses

    The Home Use Program increases employee productivity and maximizes the
    value of your Microsoft Office investment. It enables your employees to
    work at home. Employees can get a licensed copy of select Microsoft
    Office System products to install and use on a home computer. All
    products offered through the Home Use Program use the same EULA
    agreement, which is available for download below.

    Microsoft Office Home Use Rights EULA

    Me

    why?, Oct 25, 2006
  9. sammy

    sammy Guest

    wow!

    thank you.

    sammy, Oct 25, 2006
  10. sammy

    bardeban Guest

    the application is called ABIWORD, Google it and install it. it is free. it does same job as MsWord.

    bardeban, Oct 26, 2006
  11. sammy

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:34:21 GMT, sammy wrote:

    YW, there is no need to repost the previous entire 89 lines , increasing
    it to 102 just to reply with 3 words :) and what looks like 6 blank
    lines, see the <snip> below.

    >wow!
    >
    >thank you.

    >> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:02:01 GMT, sammy wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there
    >>>are
    >>>a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."

    >> Only 45 for Word however , .word or word.general may be a good starting
    >> point.
    >>
    >> microsoft.public.word

    <snip>

    >> Well there you go 2 seconds from www.google.com to
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/eula/en.mspx
    >>
    >> for -
    >>
    >> Home Use Rights Licenses

    <snip>

    >> Me

    Me

    why?, Oct 26, 2006
  12. sammy

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:43:08 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:34:21 GMT, sammy wrote:
    >
    >YW, there is no need to repost the previous entire 89 lines , increasing
    >it to 102 just to reply with 3 words :) and what looks like 6 blank
    >lines, see the <snip> below.

    Would you e-mail me please? I need to ask you a PIX-related question, and I want
    something I can forward to work, although I expect if you'd prefer here, this
    would do.

    Thanks. :)

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Oct 26, 2006
  13. On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:41:35 GMT, Ron Martell <>
    wrote:

    >"sammy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
    >>a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
    >>
    >>So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
    >>
    >>Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
    >>simply called "Word?"
    >>
    >>I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
    >>program that will work.
    >>
    >>Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
    >>and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.
    >>

    >Microsoft Word is a word processing program. It is not distributed
    >free.
    >
    >If you need to acquire a copy your cheapest method would be to
    >purchase a copy of Microsoft Works Suite which includes a fully
    >licensed and functional copy of Microsoft Word.
    >
    >Note that there are two different Microsoft products - Microsoft Works
    >Suite which includes Microsoft Word and Microsoft Works which does not
    >include Microsoft Word.
    >
    >Good luck
    >
    >Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Good Advice. I believe it comes on a DVD and not a CD...FYI.

    up for the game, Oct 28, 2006
  14. sammy

    Ron Martell Guest

    up for the game <> wrote:

    >Good Advice. I believe it comes on a DVD and not a CD...FYI.

    It is packaged both ways - one version has 5 or 6 CDs, another has it
    all on one DVD.

    Ron Martell, Oct 28, 2006
  15. sammy

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:56:54 -0500, Mara wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:43:08 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:34:21 GMT, sammy wrote:
    >>
    >>YW, there is no need to repost the previous entire 89 lines , increasing
    >>it to 102 just to reply with 3 words :) and what looks like 6 blank
    >>lines, see the <snip> below.

    >Would you e-mail me please? I need to ask you a PIX-related question, and I want
    >something I can forward to work, although I expect if you'd prefer here, this
    >would do.

    Ok, was having a bit of a non PC day.

    Me

    why?, Oct 28, 2006
  16. sammy

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:56:54 -0500, Mara wrote:

    Sent an email the other day, no reply yet.

    >On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:43:08 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:34:21 GMT, sammy wrote:
    >>
    >>YW, there is no need to repost the previous entire 89 lines , increasing
    >>it to 102 just to reply with 3 words :) and what looks like 6 blank
    >>lines, see the <snip> below.

    >Would you e-mail me please? I need to ask you a PIX-related question, and I want
    >something I can forward to work, although I expect if you'd prefer here, this
    >would do.
    >
    >Thanks. :)

    Me

    why?, Oct 31, 2006
  17. sammy

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:11:59 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:56:54 -0500, Mara wrote:
    >
    >Sent an email the other day, no reply yet.

    To this nic at nerdshack dot com?

    I haven't received anything, but I only checked this morning. My good friend's
    funeral was yesterday, and things have been...difficult.

    <snip>
    --
    I understand that Google are going to release a beta version of Google
    Fuckwit shortly. Google Fuckwit will be used alongside Google Groups

    Mara, Nov 1, 2006