    Why am I not allowed 120 days useage of Windows Xp Pro contained therein?
    Is there any recourse?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Shizzle, Jul 5, 2006

  2. "Shizzle" <> wrote in message
    news:dbVqg.3739$...
    > I have the Microsoft Press book: MCDST Exam 70-271 which comes with a 120
    > day trial of Windows XP Professional.
    > After installing and Activating (successfully) I restarted the system and
    > got an error at the Windows splash screen that said "your trial version of
    > Windows has expired, please contact your retailer for a full version of

    this
    > product"
    >
    > What?
    >
    > I bought the book from amazon.com last week, and everything was brand new!
    > Why am I not allowed 120 days useage of Windows Xp Pro contained therein?
    > Is there any recourse?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Call MS. They should be able to resolve it if this is a valid copy.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jul 6, 2006

    Jonathan Roberts, Jul 6, 2006
  4. Shizzle

    Shizzle Guest

    Microsoft said they didn't support their books or enclosed CD's.
    I called 4 times and spoke with 4 different people. They all said the same
    thing

    Tell me this isn't trrue!

    If so, it's the last time I buy on of their books. What a ripoff!

    Shizzle, Jul 6, 2006
  5. Shizzle

    Shizzle, Jul 6, 2006
  6. Perform another Clean Installation of trial Windows XP.
    Once the time bomb has gone off, there is no resetting.
    A Clean Install will give you 120 days.

    Were changes made in the BIOS?
    Did you or anyone else adjust the time/date?
    All changes, forward and back, are cumulative and irreversible.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 7, 2006
  7. Perform another Clean Installation of trial Windows XP.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 7, 2006
  8. Shizzle

    Shizzle Guest

    Thanks for the reply.
    I realized that I had the other book (70-272) and it has the same Xp disc.
    I installed that and everything worked out fine.

    Appreciate the responses!

    Shizzle, Jul 8, 2006
  9. Shizzle

    Shizzle, Jul 8, 2006
  10. The same would probably worked with either CD and key.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 8, 2006
  11. The same would probably worked with either CD and key.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 8, 2006