    is now available. Should SP2 be installed or leave it at SP1 for the
    training?

    Thanks
    NYNick, Mar 16, 2008

  2. NYNick

    NYNick Guest

    OK, I'm going to answer my own question as MS Press got back to me via e-mail
    almost immediately. (I'm impressed). Their reply was:

    Thank you for contacting Microsoft Press. Since the book requires Server
    2003 SP1 we cannot support the installation of SP2. If you do choose to
    install SP2 and an error occurs in the use of the book we will be unable to
    assist you.

    I thought I'd post it in case anyone else had the same question.

    NYNick, Mar 16, 2008

  3. "NYNick" <> wrote in message

    > OK, I'm going to answer my own question as MS Press got back to me via e-mail
    > almost immediately. (I'm impressed). Their reply was:
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Microsoft Press. Since the book requires Server
    > 2003 SP1 we cannot support the installation of SP2. If you do choose to
    > install SP2 and an error occurs in the use of the book we will be unable to
    > assist you.
    >
    > I thought I'd post it in case anyone else had the same question.
    >

    > "NYNick" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm using the Managing and Maintaining Server 2003 Training Kit (2nd Ed.) and
    > > the documentation calls for using SP1 at this point and not R2. However SP2
    > > is now available. Should SP2 be installed or leave it at SP1 for the
    > > training?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    For the exam, Microsoft stripped out all the content in the exams that
    was rendered obsolete by SP2 but did not seed in any content
    specifically for SP2. Same with R2 - Microsoft took out anything that
    was no longer valid but did not add any R2-specific content in. They
    typically handle service packs and "dot" releases this way as many
    customers take a long time to implement and/or use the updates.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 16, 2008