Microsoft Plus! - Voice Command. Voice recognition and Speech to Text Synthesis.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Oct 31, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    I know it's a little early in the morning to take the subject line in
    but I just had a quick question on voice recognition.

    Does the Voice Command facility in Microsoft Plus! for XP allow you to
    convert audio speech to text? Or does it just allow basic commands
    that interface with Windows Media Player? The notes I read on one of
    Microsofts many pages just mentioned about media player.

    What I'm looking for is something that isn't too expensive, but is
    good quality, that will allow me to play an audio source, or even
    speak into the mic myself (if I'm feeling lazy) and have that
    converted by the voice recognition software to text, in a Word
    document for example.

    Thanks for any help

    John
    John, Oct 31, 2004

  2. John

    Pepperoni Guest

    Dragon Naturally Speaking does speech to text, but is expensive. Other
    programs do text to speech.
    http://tinyurl.com/5jtg5

    Pepperoni, Oct 31, 2004

  3. John

    Thor Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I know it's a little early in the morning to take the subject line in
    > but I just had a quick question on voice recognition.
    >
    > Does the Voice Command facility in Microsoft Plus! for XP allow you to
    > convert audio speech to text? Or does it just allow basic commands
    > that interface with Windows Media Player? The notes I read on one of
    > Microsofts many pages just mentioned about media player.

    just the media player stuff.
    Thor, Oct 31, 2004