    of any kind.

    Help!

    Bill
    Bill Roderick, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > I found a web sight that says it shows how to install the codec but I need
    > Windows XP disk. My computer didn't come with an XP disk, actually no
    > disks of any kind.

    Did you buy the computer or did someone give it to you?

    Do you have a CD-rom disc with the O/S on it?

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Bill Roderick

    nlien Guest

    Bill Roderick wrote:
    > When I try to view certain files with Windows Media player I get an error
    > message
    > it says
    >
    > "An audio codec is needed to play this file. To determine if this codec is
    > available
    > to download from the web click web help."
    >
    > This takes me to the Microsoft Windows Media web help page but is says the
    > codec
    > is not available. The codec is Microsoft PCM Format (1).
    >
    > I found a web sight that says it shows how to install the codec but I need a
    > Windows XP disk. My computer didn't come with an XP disk, actually no disks
    > of any kind.
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Bill

    You could also try installing the codec from this website
    (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack.htm) Not only
    will you get that one, but most other ones so you shouldn't have the
    problem in the future.
    nlien, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Bill Roderick

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    >> I found a web sight that says it shows how to install the codec but
    >> I need a
    >> Windows XP disk. My computer didn't come with an XP disk, actually no
    >> disks of any kind.
    >>

    > Did you buy the computer or did someone give it to you?
    >
    > Do you have a CD-rom disc with the O/S on it?
    >
    > Duane :) <BITCHSLAP>

    BuHANE, take your meds!
    Dr. Bill ;-)
    Dr. Bill, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Dr. Bill wrote:
    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >
    >>>I found a web sight that says it shows how to install the codec but
    >>>I need a
    >>>Windows XP disk. My computer didn't come with an XP disk, actually no
    >>>disks of any kind.
    >>>

    >>Did you buy the computer or did someone give it to you?
    >>
    >>Do you have a CD-rom disc with the O/S on it?
    >>
    >>Duane :) <BITCHSLAP>

    > BuHANE, take your meds!
    > Dr. Bill ;-)

    I don't see you coming up with anything here but BS Dr. Imaginary
    Lunatic, get the hell off the Internet you asswipe cross posting mama's
    little jackass.

    I got to keep you on the hook just a little bit and read one of your
    stupid posts.

    Now, reply you *bitch* that's done a worthless *bitch's* <slap>. ;-)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  6. It's an HP Pavilion from CompUSA & when I opened the box
    I was very surprised to find it came with no disk of any kind.

    Bill

    Bill Roderick, Aug 6, 2006
  7. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Bill Roderick wrote:
    > It's an HP Pavilion from CompUSA & when I opened the box
    > I was very surprised to find it came with no disk of any kind.
    >
    > Bill
    >

    > "Duane Arnold" <Yeah-Don't-bother-@that's-right.BET> wrote in message
    >
    >>>I found a web sight that says it shows how to install the codec but I
    >>>need a
    >>>Windows XP disk. My computer didn't come with an XP disk, actually no
    >>>disks of any kind.
    >>>

    >>Did you buy the computer or did someone give it to you?
    >>
    >>Do you have a CD-rom disc with the O/S on it?
    >>
    >>Duane :)

    Then you need to get on the phone with CompUSA and find out why you
    don't have an install CD rom or something. Surely, they gave you a
    Recovery CD, I hope.

    I'll assume you paid for the computer that's supposed to have a licensed
    copy of the O/S on it.

    I wouldn't put anything past CompUSA and maybe what you have is a
    bootleg copy of the O/S and that's why you don't have anything like a
    install or recovery CD.

    But in any case, you need to find out if you paid for the O/S in the
    total purchase price and take appropriate action.

    It may come down to you may have to purchase the O/S yourself, as it's
    not a good thing not to have the O/S install CD, because you may have to
    install something else that calls for the CD or some other reason where
    you'll need the install CD for the O/S.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  8. Thanks for the advise.

    Bill

    Bill Roderick, Aug 6, 2006
  9. Bill Roderick

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    > Dr. Bill wrote:

    >>> Did you buy the computer or did someone give it to you?
    >>>
    >>> Do you have a CD-rom disc with the O/S on it?
    >>>
    >>> Duane :) <BITCHSLAP>

    >> BuHANE, take your meds!
    >> Dr. Bill ;-)
    >>

    > I don't see you coming up with anything here but BS Dr. Imaginary
    > Lunatic,

    You did n't do what I told you, isn't it.

    > get the hell off the Internet <SLAP!>

    Make me do that!

    My mother is dead for years, you dumb fucked ****!

    > I got to keep you on the hook just a little bit and read one of your
    > stupid posts.

    BuHane Arnold said: "I read stupid posts!"
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!!

    > Now, reply you *bitch* that's done a worthless *bitch's* <slap>. ;-)

    fetch it boi, fetch!!!!!!
    Dr. Bill, Aug 6, 2006
  10. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Bill Roderick wrote:
    > Thanks for the advise.
    >
    > Bill

    You are welcomed.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  11. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Dr. Bill wrote:
    > Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    >
    >>Dr. Bill wrote:

    >>>BuHANE, take your meds!
    >>>Dr. Bill ;-)
    >>>

    >>I don't see you coming up with anything here but BS Dr. Imaginary
    >>Lunatic,

    > You did n't do what I told you, isn't it.
    >

    >>get the hell off the Internet <SLAP!>

    > Make me do that!
    >

    >>you asswipe cross posting
    >>mama's little jackass.

    > My mother is dead for years, you dumb fucked ****!
    >
    >>I got to keep you on the hook just a little bit and read one of your
    >>stupid posts.

    > BuHane Arnold said: "I read stupid posts!"
    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!!
    >
    >>Now, reply you *bitch* that's done a worthless *bitch's* <slap>. ;-)

    > fetch it boi, fetch!!!!!!

    Banana *bitch* ****-off somewhere, in the basement, in the corner, and
    in the dark.
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  12. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Yeah, that's my new name for you *Banana Bitch Billy*.
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  13. Bill Roderick

    DanR Guest

    Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    > Bill Roderick wrote:
    >> It's an HP Pavilion from CompUSA & when I opened the box
    >> I was very surprised to find it came with no disk of any kind.
    >>
    >> Bill
    >>

    >> "Duane Arnold" <Yeah-Don't-bother-@that's-right.BET> wrote in message

    >>> Did you buy the computer or did someone give it to you?
    >>>
    >>> Do you have a CD-rom disc with the O/S on it?
    >>>
    >>> Duane :)
    >>>

    > Then you need to get on the phone with CompUSA and find out why you
    > don't have an install CD rom or something. Surely, they gave you a
    > Recovery CD, I hope.
    >
    > I'll assume you paid for the computer that's supposed to have a
    > licensed copy of the O/S on it.
    >
    > I wouldn't put anything past CompUSA and maybe what you have is a
    > bootleg copy of the O/S and that's why you don't have anything like a
    > install or recovery CD.
    >
    > But in any case, you need to find out if you paid for the O/S in the
    > total purchase price and take appropriate action.
    >
    > It may come down to you may have to purchase the O/S yourself, as it's
    > not a good thing not to have the O/S install CD, because you may have
    > to install something else that calls for the CD or some other reason
    > where you'll need the install CD for the O/S.
    >
    > Duane :)

    I believe it's not uncommon these days for a recovery disk to NOT be
    included with new computers. Dell does not provide a separate recovery CD or
    DVD. Dell computers have 2 hidden partitions that act as a recovery tool.
    DanR, Aug 6, 2006
  14. Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    > Yeah, that's my new name for you *Banana Bitch Billy*.

    Stupid forger!
    X-Complaints sent to:
    Banana Bitch Billy, Aug 6, 2006
  15. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Banana Bitch Billy wrote:
    > Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    >
    >>Yeah, that's my new name for you *Banana Bitch Billy*.

    > Stupid forger!
    > X-Complaints sent to:

    LOL

    Send it *Banana Bitch Billy* and let's see what happens. Guess what,
    maybe it was my impersonator who did it? ;-)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  16. Bill Roderick

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    > Banana Bitch Billy wrote:
    >> Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yeah, that's my new name for you *Banana Bitch Billy*.

    >> Stupid forger!
    >> X-Complaints sent to:
    >>

    > LOL
    >
    > Send it *Banana Bitch Billy* and let's see what happens. Guess what,
    > maybe it was my impersonator who did it? ;-)

    Yeah, that's my new name for you *My* *old* *and* *lazy* *retriever*
    Fetch boi, fetch!
    HTH and HAND
    Dr. Bill, Aug 6, 2006
  17. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Dr. Bill wrote:
    > Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    >
    >>Banana Bitch Billy wrote:

    >>>Stupid forger!
    >>>X-Complaints sent to:
    >>>

    >>LOL
    >>
    >>Send it *Banana Bitch Billy* and let's see what happens. Guess what,
    >>maybe it was my impersonator who did it? ;-)

    > Yeah, that's my new name for you *My* *old* *and* *lazy* *retriever*
    > Fetch boi, fetch!
    > HTH and HAND

    I am tired of you for today. You best go to the basement with the
    *banana* *Banana Billy* that will give you something to do for the rest
    of the day. You know what to do it and get the hell off the Internet.

    <g>

    <bye>
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  18. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    <correction>
    > You know what to do with it and get the hell off the Internet.
    >
    > <g>
    >
    > <bye>

    <correction>
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  19. Bill Roderick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    One other thing here *Banana Billy*, the next time you take a trip and
    fly over the water, send me a post will ya. That way, I'll make
    arrangements to have the missile meet you in flight.

    The other people on the flight and their families will have to
    understand and make the sacrifice. It will be for the better good and
    the right thing to do.
    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  20. Bill Roderick

    Mr User Guest

    Bill Roderick wrote:
    > When I try to view certain files with Windows Media player I get an error
    > message
    > it says
    >
    > "An audio codec is needed to play this file. To determine if this codec is
    > available
    > to download from the web click web help."

    I don't know which codec's specifically but ffdshow from source forge
    covers all my audio visual *decompression* needs.
    Mr User, Aug 8, 2006