    subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."

    No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 30, 2006

  2. "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.crn.com/sections/breakin...TXFZMSQSNDBGCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleId=183702696
    >
    > " Vista's slip into 2007 hurts-and hurts bad, partners said. And
    > subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."
    >
    > No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    Read on The Onion yesterday how this will adversely affect malware
    developers, who will have to delay their virus and trojan software targeting
    Windows Vista, therefore having impact on their stock options...

    Of course, being The Onion, you know this is a joke...

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Mar 30, 2006

  3. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:06:05 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    exclaimed:

    >http://www.crn.com/sections/breakin...TXFZMSQSNDBGCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleId=183702696
    >
    >" Vista’s slip into 2007 hurts—and hurts bad, partners said. And
    >subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."
    >
    >No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    Man, you must REALLY feel threatened by Vista, to spend so much time
    attacking it.

    I guess you realise it will spell the end of your tinpot OS...

    Fred Dagg, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:06:05 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    > exclaimed:
    >

    >>http://www.crn.com/sections/breakin...TXFZMSQSNDBGCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleId=183702696
    >>
    >>" Vista’s slip into 2007 hurts—and hurts bad, partners said. And
    >>subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."
    >>
    >>No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    > Man, you must REALLY feel threatened by Vista, to spend so much time
    > attacking it.

    Nope, laughing how late it will be, the later the better for Linux.

    > I guess you realise it will spell the end of your tinpot OS...

    lol, I dont think so.....

    Unlike previous pre-XP upgrades where a household bought one Windows CD
    with a new box (maybe) and upgraded them all, times change. I suspect
    more and more people will be seeking alternatives as win2k gets too old
    and out of support and the lock down of XP and Vista means a pirated
    copy wont be "leetz" any more.....

    MS's greatest strength is, people are too lazy to switch, once forced to
    they wont be back, too hard & too expensive.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    SchoolTech Guest

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > http://www.crn.com/sections/breakin...TXFZMSQSNDBGCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleId=183702696
    >
    > " Vista’s slip into 2007 hurts—and hurts bad, partners said. And
    > subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."
    >
    > No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    LOL
    There's open source aplenty that has slipped bad. You know, all that
    great wonderful OS you keep on crowing about.

    SchoolTech, Mar 30, 2006
  6. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Guest

    SchoolTech wrote:
    > Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.crn.com/sections/breakin...TXFZMSQSNDBGCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleId=183702696
    >>

    >> " Vista’s slip into 2007 hurts—and hurts bad, partners said. And
    >> subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."
    >>
    >> No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    > LOL
    > There's open source aplenty that has slipped bad. You know, all that
    > great wonderful OS you keep on crowing about.

    Again you show how little you know about OSS....diddly squat.

    regards

    thing

    , Mar 30, 2006
  7. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:35:40 +1200, ""
    <> exclaimed:

    >SchoolTech wrote:
    >> Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.crn.com/sections/breakin...TXFZMSQSNDBGCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleId=183702696
    >>>

    >>> " Vista’s slip into 2007 hurts—and hurts bad, partners said. And
    >>> subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."
    >>>
    >>> No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    >> LOL
    >> There's open source aplenty that has slipped bad. You know, all that
    >> great wonderful OS you keep on crowing about.

    >Again you show how little you know about OSS....diddly squat.

    Why do you say that?

    Whilst his comment was a little inflammatory, he was 100% accurate.

    Fred Dagg, Mar 30, 2006
  8. On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:37:13 +1200, thingy wrote:

    > MS's greatest strength is, people are too lazy to switch, once forced to
    > they wont be back, too hard & too expensive.

    Ain't that the truth!

    and besides - once they've made the change and experienced the freedom
    that comes from complete immunity from viruses - 99.9999'% of which only
    affect people using Micro$oft software, they'd almost certainly not want
    to turn back to the infected and oozing mess that they had before.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 30, 2006
  9. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    RJ Guest

    In article <>,
    y says...
    > SchoolTech wrote:
    > > Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > >
    > >> http://www.crn.com/sections/breakin...TXFZMSQSNDBGCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleId=183702696
    > >>

    > >> " Vista?s slip into 2007 hurts?and hurts bad, partners said. And
    > >> subsequent news that the new Office also slipped added insult to injury."
    > >>
    > >> No real surprise here. That's what comes from relying on Micro$oft.

    > > LOL
    > > There's open source aplenty that has slipped bad. You know, all that
    > > great wonderful OS you keep on crowing about.

    > Again you show how little you know about OSS....diddly squat.

    GNU Hurd
    years and years late

    Its all hit and miss ... like commercial software

    RJ, Mar 30, 2006
  10. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Stu Fleming Guest

    RJ wrote:

    > GNU Hurd
    > years and years late
    >
    > Its all hit and miss ... like commercial software

    The difference is that in OSS, if the idea didn't make it to release and
    gain critical mass, it wasn't a strong enough idea.

    When a half-baked idea makes critical mass, you get the worst of all
    possible worlds.

    Stu Fleming, Mar 30, 2006
  11. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    RJ wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > y says...
    >
    >>SchoolTech wrote:

    >>>LOL
    >>>There's open source aplenty that has slipped bad. You know, all that
    >>>great wonderful OS you keep on crowing about.

    >>Again you show how little you know about OSS....diddly squat.

    > GNU Hurd
    > years and years late
    >
    > Its all hit and miss ... like commercial software

    Hurd was and is a project that never has and probably never will
    eventuate in a useable kernel. Unlike commercial software, with OSS if
    its in-adequate or ill-directed, it wont see the light of day.

    This is one of the more interesting aspects of MS's hate of GPL,

    eg a going OSS project has overcome the first hurdle, proved its worth
    by having market share. Its like drilling for oil, you dont know til you
    drill if you will strike oil, if you dont you just blew 30Million...So
    with the GPL MS cannot come in and embrace and extend the GPL'd code....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Mar 31, 2006
  12. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:35:40 +1200, ""
    > <> exclaimed:
    >

    >>SchoolTech wrote:

    >>>LOL
    >>>There's open source aplenty that has slipped bad. You know, all that
    >>>great wonderful OS you keep on crowing about.

    >>Again you show how little you know about OSS....diddly squat.
    >>

    > Why do you say that?
    >
    > Whilst his comment was a little inflammatory, he was 100% accurate.

    A little?

    He can only be considered somewhat accurate if he considers OSS in only
    commercial terms, it might be valid from his view point, it doe snot
    make his view point valid though. OSS does not consider itself in
    commercial terms but in open source terms which have different goals and
    targets.

    Do I have to spell it out even more? na why waste my breadth....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Mar 31, 2006